My dear next-door neighbor is Jewish....(a rarity around here!)...and so I always try to make him a Hanukkah card. Fortunately for me, Hanukkah lasts all week so I have several days to remember about it and several days to procrastinate and still get the card done before the Festival is complete!! lol.... But although the card was on time...I am just finally getting this posted today!
I found these super-pretty Hanukkah napkins at a thrift store sometime back and decoupaged one of them onto cardstock for the card. (You can see my other recent foray into napkin decoupage HERE.)
Men don't generally have time for fussy and fancy things, so I kept this card very, very simple and let the napkin do the work. I accented the candle flames with some Sakura Souffle gel pens that really glow against dark backgrounds.
I just love the rough crinkly texture of my imperfect decoupage technique!! lol...
I did some stamp surgery on a holiday stamp and mixed the sentiment with "Bright" from a different company. Good thing I used my MISTI (on my second attempt, that is....lol) because it wouldn't stamp right. Turns out the thickness of the two companies' clear stamps is different!! The thicker "Bright" word was preventing the nearby parts of the other words from contacting the paper! I had not ever had that happen before....live and learn, I guess. :)
Here's the inside view:
Supplies used include:
Napkin from thrift store package
Mod Podge - Matte Finish
Simon Says Stamp - Big Holiday Wishes stamp set [retired]
Memory Box - Making Spirits Bright stamp set [retired]
A Creative Journey with Melissa - Fall and Winter Holiday Sentiments stamp set
Versafine Ink in Majestic Blue
Distress Ink in Hickory Smoke
Sakura Gelly Roll Souffle Gel Pens
Hope you liked this light-filled card. I really love how it turned out. Thank you for stopping by. Hope you are getting all ready for your holiday festivities!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Crafty Hazelnut's December Patterned Paper Challenge
2. DL.ART December Linky Challenge
3. Crop Stop December Link Party #46 - Anything Goes w/ product from brand CS carries (I used Tsukineko Versafine Ink, Distress Ink, Core'dinations cardstock, and Plaid Mod Podge)
4. Dare2BArtzy December Challenge - Winter
5. TCP Tuesday #352 - Winter Holiday
6. ABC Christmas - Z is for Zero Embellishments (Hanukkah is okay for this Christmas challenge, too. Thank you!)
7. Simon Says Stamp Work-it Wednesday November Challenge - Ho Ho Holiday
8. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Warm Winter Wishes
9. That's Crafty Challenge #5 - Anything Goes
10. Little C's December Prompt Challenge - I used Day 7: Star(s)
11. Three Amigos Challenge #21 - Christmas/Winter/Holiday
12. Memory Box Challenge #44 - Holiday Sparkle and Shine (Hanukkah and Shining Candles go together!!)
13. Christmas Cards All Year Round December Challenge - AG Christmas/Winter/Holiday
14. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #77
15. Kat Scrappiness Charity Blog Hop for Coffee Oasis
16. Joy Clair Dec/Jan Challenge - Mood Board (Winter Wonderland) or Anything Goes