I am here to share a card for Scrappy Mo's August Rudolph Days. I am in the middle of preparing for my Cat Lovers Hop coming up in October (you can watch our sponsor list growing on the sidebar!), but didn't want to miss getting a card in Mo's fun monthly Christmas challenge.
Today I used one of my very favorite dies in all my collection: Poppystamps - Grand Pine Tree die. Love this sooooooo much. It is no longer available through Poppystamps, but I noticed several other online retailers still have it. It is GORGEOUS!!
I love that I can cut a snow-covered tree in white, a natural one in green, or a silhouette in black....or any other color that I want for my card. For this Christmas card I went for a snowy look. I cut my tree and snowy ground from the white space on a discarded commercial greeting card a friend gave me for crafting. Yay!!
I also stenciled some snow falling with my embossing paste. I tell you, this product is sooooo much fun to use. Why did I wait so long to start using it? I LOVE it!!! It's so fast and easy and dries in a snap.
Supplies used include:
Poppystamps - Grand Pine Tree die
Simon Says Stamp - Falling Snow stencil
Dreamweaver- Embossing Paste
Clearly Besotted - Modern Christmas stamp set (retired)
Versafine ink in Majestic Blue
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Pink & Main Scallop Waves die set
Scraps from commercial card and DCWV patterned papers
Core'dinations/Darice cardstock for card base
Hope you enjoyed this snowy card. Does it help you feel cooler in these last hot days of summer???? It's supposed to be close to 90 degrees here today, but the nights already have a bit of a nip to them and the cats are starting to get fat and grow thicker coats. Winter will be here before we know it!! Eeek!! :)
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. August Rudolph Days at Scrappy Mo's
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #452 - AG Christmas
3. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - S is for.....Snow
4. Crimbo Crackers Challenge #192 - AG Christmas
5. Crafty Hazelnut's August Patterned Paper Challenge
6. Papercraft Challenges 44, stripes
7. Creative Inspirations August Challenge - Something Seasonal (I chose winter)
8. Word Art Wednesday Challenge Weeks #402-403 - AG
9. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #439 - Stripes
10. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - AG
11. DL.ART August Linky Challenge - AG
12. Stamplorations Mixed Media Challenge - Use a Stencil
13. Stamplorations Summer Theme and Sketch Challenge - Stamps + AG