I am back with another entry into Winnie & Walter - October Color Combo Challenge which closes soon!!!
The inspiration photo Heather chose is just gorgeous, but the colors themselves are not ones that I often would use together. So I decided to play around and get a little out of my comfort zone on this card.....going predominantly brown and gray with only a little bit of the brighter hues. After all, that's part of the fun of a color challenge....to mix things up a bit and try new combos!
Here's what I came up with.....I still like brighter colors better, but I had fun trying something different. And this has a bit of a masculine feel to it, so might be appropriate at times when a lacy, flowery card just wouldn't be right.
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Winnie &Walter - In a Word: Thanks Cutaway die
Winnie & Walter - Kindness with Evelin T Designs stamp set
Versafine ink - Onyx Black
Distress Inks - for tree and inking edges of houndstooth panel
Distress Markers - to color in leaves on tree
Mixed media paper
Pre-made card base
Neat & Tangled sequins
Well, here in Idaho our snow melted in the night and today is gray and rainy...one of those days where it seems like it never gets light. It kind of looks like my card! :) Dark days like this make me appreciate our dazzling bright snowy days. Can't wait for another snowstorm!! lol...
Thank you for your sweet comments and visits.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter - October Color Combo Challenge
2. DL.ART Thankful Thursday #216- Patriotic OR any Thank You
3. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #308-309 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
4. Card Mania Challenge #98 - Anything Goes
5. Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper November Challenge - Use patterned paper
6. DL.ART November Linky Challenge
7. Aud Sentiments Challenge #192 - Bingo + Sentiment (I chose the patterned paper, stamped image, faux stitching)
8. HeARTful Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes + a Stamp
9. Cardz-TV - Anything Goes Challenge #20
10. Crop Stop November Linky Party #34 - Anything Goes + use product from company that CS sells (I used Distress Ink and Distress Markers)
11. Crafty Calendar Challenges November - Autumn colors
12. Jo's Scrap Shack Funday Friday Challenge #213 - Anything Goes
13. Die Cut Divas November Challenge - Thankful
14. Dare2BArtzy November Challenge - Gratitude
15. Craft Stamper November TIMI Challenge - AG with Stamping
16. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Thanks/Thanksgiving
17. Double D Challenges - Feeling Fall-ish (I was inspired by the autumn tree and lovely sequins.)