I am posting this on Saturday evening, but most of you will not see it until tomorrow or perhaps the next day. But I will go ahead and wish everyone a
Happy Resurrection Day!
He is Risen. He is Risen, indeed!
I will be heading off early to a sunrise service and then we have breakfast potluck at the church afterwards. Morning worship begins at 11 am. What are your Easter plans?
Here's a Spring card that is so fast and simple that I am totally embarrassed to even show it to you.
I wasn't planning to post this card because it is similar to the one with my Serendipity butterfly that I put up last night. But when I used more of my new glitter, I was so thrilled that I just had to share with you! Besides, it has aqua and pink....a favorite color combo!! :)
This is my favorite glitter ever:
I snagged it recently on clearance at JoAnn's for a dollar or maybe even 75c (can't remember for sure how much and now the trash is already emptied!) I love the spring colors: white, pink, blue, green....which are a bit more pastel than the photo shows....and it doesn't even show the green and white!
I used the green on this card and it has little iridescent flower sequins in it. <3 <3 <3 That's what you see glinting in different colors in each of the photos. The blue has tiny stars and the pink has tiny hearts in it. Adorable!! This glitter set also has a little funnel that stores in the center of the caddy and is very useful in putting away the leftovers. :) I wish I had picked up more than one of these clearance finds!!!
This was a super easy four-step card:
1. Score and fold the patterned cardstock. (I used DCWV.) Cut edge with decorative scissors, if desired.
2. Die cut and glue together the two butterfly cuts (lattice and solid).
3. Apply glue and glitter. Let dry.
4. Make tails with ribbon and attach to butterfly and mount with 3-D foam on cardstock.
You can see why I say this is so incredibly simple that I hesitate to post it and enter it in any challenges! However....I am just so totally delighted with it that I am swallowing my pride and going for it. Ha.
And let me tell you, this card has some amazing sparkle and shimmer in all the colors of the rainbow....like a million sparkling gems....whenever it is moved slightly. I wish you could see it in real life!!!
Okay, I have gushed on enough. I have an idea you are going to be seeing a LOT of this glitter. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Can't wait to try it with stencils! :)
Happy, happy Easter!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Annabelle Stamps April Challenge - Sketch
2. Words 2 Scrap By Challenge #4 - Shine Bright Like a Diamond
3. Keep it Simple Challenge #38 - Bright Sparks
4. Mark's Finest Papers Speedy TV Challenge #59 - The Eyes Have It (Inspiration Photos)
5. The Doodle Garden Challenge #2 - Color Inspiration