If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon our favorite cat, they, too, would purr.
I'm here with a quick post to share a card I made inspired by the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use a Stamp Multiple Ways.
I used my brand-new Studio 490 Build a Blossom stamp set to stamp my flower and my leaves on watercolor paper and heat embossed with white. Then I watercolored them with Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry and Evergreen Bough. I apologize for the poor photography. The leaves are very pale, but not thaaaaaat pale!!! You can see them a bit better in the photo below.
I used the same leaf stamp as a background stamp in my sentiment panel, also using Evergreen Bough ink.
I used some pieces from my DCWV - The Solstice stack for backgrounds on both panels. I also put a piece of vellum behind the flower and leaves to mute the patterned paper color a bit.
Here you can see my sentiment panel with the stamp used as the background. I inked up the stamp and then misted it slightly. I stamped off on some other paper first, and then stamped it multiple times for this piece.The sentiment is from a retired set from Clear Dollar Stamps - Easter Blessings.
Hope you like my card, despite the poor photos. I edited this post to add some more challenges!
See you later..........and have a great week!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenge(s):
1. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use a Stamp in Multiple Ways
2. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - March 2015 - Stamping
3. Wow! Embossing Powder March 2015 Challenge - Mood Board - Spring
4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
5. DL.Art Thankful Thursday #153 - Easter (alt Thank You)
6. Hiding in my Craft Room Challenge #193 - Any Holiday