|I hope this doesn't offend anyone. It is, of course, more of a commentary on cats than on God or religion. :)|
I am here with a card I made for the current MFP Stamp Shop Challenge where they ask us to use shades of tan. It was fun pulling out all my brown family scraps to see what I could come up with.
Since it is a MFP challenge, I used one of my favorite sets from them, their Christmas Wishes stamp set. I stamped the Faith, Hope, Love sentiment with Versamark Ink, heat embossed with clear powder, and sponged around the words with Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy for an emboss resist.
My background is dry de-bossed (for cracked look, instead of a ridged look) with my Darice - Crackle folder that I inked with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain first. The pearl centers of some of my flowers were white, so I colored them with a Spectrum Noir marker to make them tan.
Other supplies used include:
Sizzix - Fancy Labels die set
WRMK Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper
Prima and Petaloo flowers
Tan grosgrain and cream sheer ribbons from my stash
Hope you enjoyed my card today. The tan color makes me think of autumn. I have had enough of 90 degree heat. I'm ready!! No, wait, I don't have any tomatoes, yet. Okay....I'll wait. :)
Thank you for stopping by!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Stamp Shop Challenge #30 - Tan
2. Wow! Embossing Powder July Challenge - Favorite Embossing Technique (heat embossing, of course!)
3. A Vintage Journey July Challenge - Monochromatic
4. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Add Some Texture
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes\
6. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper July Challenge - Use Patterned Paper
7. DL.Art July Linky Challenge - AG
8. Make My Monday - Sentimental