I am here with a set of masculine Congrats cards. I get orders for graduation cards in the spring, so I thought I would make several of these to have on hand for people to select if they don't need a customized one. I think these will work perfect for teen guys.
Winnie & Walter is celebrating this month with a big 5th Birthday Bash and one of their challenges is Layering Die Cuts. Shay's immensely popular In a Word Series is just perfect for layering and I often do a "shadow" effect by off-setting the cuts slightly when I layer them. That's what I have done for each of these cards. (I have some tips on doing this at the bottom of the post.)
Here's my set...............
|The tags are cut from the "middles" of layered black backgrounds. YAY!|
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Congrats Cutaway die
Tombow Multi Mono Glue
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set (for tag)
Darice - Checkered Embossing Folder (retired)
DCWV patterned paper
Quick Quotes - Copper Brads
Scraps of solid and glitter cardstock from stash
Ribbon from Stash
Here are a few tips on layering die cuts:
I find that sometimes my die cuts get a little skewed out of shape when I remove them from the die or during storage. I made a scrap template for my words so I can easily straighten them out.
The template also helps when I am layering them. I put my bottom layer word in the template and dot glue in the appropriate places. I use an old globby bottle of Tombow Multi Mono glue. The globbiness is an advantage when adhering the die cuts together....no gloozing! (That's glue oozing! lol....) I use my globby glue for all my die cuts with narrow sections.
For a shadow effect, I offset my top layer word over the top of the bottom layer while still in the template. Since the the top layer overhangs the template slightly, just pop it out from the bottom upwards. It is aligned perfectly and ready to apply to your card.
Hope you enjoyed seeing my cards. Thank you for stopping by!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this set of cards in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Layering Die Cuts Challenge
2. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - 5 Challenge (my card has 5 layers: card base, background, tag, two layers on Congrats)
3. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Card Set Challenge
4. Simon Says Stamp - No Stamps Allowed
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper February Challenge
6. Word-Art Wednesday Week #374-375 - AG
7. Unstampabelles Challenge #86 - Bright and Cheerful (I think the glittery cardstock makes it bright AND cheerful....and the patterned paper is rather arty.)
8. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #83
9. DL.ART February Linky Challenge - AG
10. Cards Und More Challenge #33 - AG Someone Special
11. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #346 - Use Snippets