Saturday, February 16, 2019

Holiday Wishes Just for You



Hi, Friends.......

I am here with a card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge which is Christmas + Have a Heart. This one was a head-scratcher for me because I don't really have very many Christmas stamps with hearts on them.....and none where the hearts are an integral part of the design. There are a few that have a tiny heart included somewhere, but that's not what I wanted for this challenge.


I try to make it my personal challenge on Jo's Christmas Kickstart themes to use a neglected stamp from my stash. Since my Valentine supplies were still out, I hit on the idea of making a faux Nordic-look card with a hitherto unused stamp from a decades-old Rubber Stampede Country Hearts foam mount stamp set. Even though it isn't actually a Christmas stamp, I think it works with the holiday sentiment. What do you think?



























Winnie & Walter is having their 5th Birthday Celebration and one of the challenges is to make a set, instead of a single card. So I made 4 of these cards. They also have a challenge asking you to incorporate "5" of something in your entry....so I made a 5-word sentiment from one of their sets.

Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Sentimental: Gift stamp set
Versafine ink in Onyx Black
Rubber Stampede - Country Hearts stamp set (loooooooong retired, but avail on eBay)
Versafine ink in Satin Red
Sparkle embossing powder
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Scraps of gingham and solid cardstock

Hope you liked my set of cards! They were fun to make. Do you think that heart stamp works okay for Christmas cards? Thank you for stopping by today!!!


Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Christmas Kickstart Challenge #4 - Have a Heart
2. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - 5 Challenge (my sentiment has 5 words)
3. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Card Set Challenge
4. Lost Coast Challenge #70 - It's Hip to be Square
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #425 - AG Christmas
6. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Black/White + One Other Color
7. The Artistic Stamper February Challenge - Heart It
8. Crafter's Castle February Challenge - AG opt Valentine

16 comments:

  1. very cute cards and perfect for the lost coast designs hip to be square challenge - thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is such a cute set of cards and that Country Heart couldn't be more perfect. It looks like the Scandinavian designs for Christmas that I love so much. Great way to combine several challenges in one, and the red and white patterned papers give a sweet folk-art look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what happened to my comment - sorry if you end up with two! This is lovely, Janis. I'm such a big fan of Nordic/Scandi style and colour combos. Such a clever way to stretch your stamps. I've got a similar personal challenge going myself as I don't want to break the bank while running Christmas Kickstart. Thanks for playing along again, it means a lot to have you on board again, Jo x

      Delete
  3. Cute! I love the Country Hearts! Thank you for joining the Crafter’s Castle’s February Challenge! –Tasha ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely set of cards Janis, the red and white looks fantastic. I would not have thought to use the hearts either but it really works well. A great job on them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks perfectly Scandanavian to me Janis. These work beautifully as xmas cards. Beautiful set. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janis

    What a fabulous set of Christmas cards . . . . they have come together beautifully. I love the Nordic look you have created.

    Thanks for joining in the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

    Love Jules xx (Jo's Elf for Challenge 4)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such fabulous design!! Love the warm Christmassy "home" feel and the way you used the heart stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet...love your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the folk art style of this card design. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Janis. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Christmas cards Janis! The country hearts are lovely and the design is wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are beautiful - love the red and white colour combination.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a bright a pretty card, Janis! Love the plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card! My mom gave me the Rubber Stampede set from her stash when she decided she wasn't going to stamp anymore. Thank you for the inspiration! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis