Friday, July 15, 2016
Tie-Dye Effect - Happy Birthday
I've had guests and then my granddaughter here most of the week, so I didn't get to craft as much as I hoped....but I did get this card made tonight. So here I am with another quick post (or attempt at a quick post!) I was inspired by the Mark's Finest Papers Challenge this week where they ask us to use their wonderful tutorial to make a Tie-Dye background.
I used my favorite bright summery colors of Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, and Candied Apple for my background. My sentiment is from Mark's Finest Papers - North American Woods stamp set and the flower is from Mark's Finest Papers - Works of Art stamp set. I stamped them both with Versafine Ink in Olympia Green.
I thought my card needed a bit of texture, so I added just a touch of ivory lace ribbon. Do you think it looks too vintage for the image and sentiment font? I kind of like the contrast of the more modern flower, the tie-dye, and the old-fashioned lace style together. Maybe I am just weird! :)
Okay, that is all for tonight. I hope you enjoyed my card. Thank you for stopping by!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Stamps Challenge #28 - Use their Tie-Die tutorial
2. Countryview Challenges - July Challenge - Have Fun with Circles
(My sponged tie-dye background was made with a series of circles and my flower is a circle.)
3. Southern Ridge Trading Co July Challenge - AG Summer
4. Penny Black at All Sorts July Challenge - AG with a stamp
5. Ribbon Girls July Challenge - AG Card
6. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Flora and Fauna
7. Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday - AG
8. Crop Stop Linky Party #18 - AG Using product CS carries (I used Distress Inks)