---- William Lyon Phelps
Today I am sharing a pretty Spring card using some gorgeous Graphic 45 Secret Garden papers, and also some K&Co. green paper.
I am going to send this to my Aunt who turns 93 on Easter Sunday this year. It will be a combined Easter and Birthday Card.
I used some lovely Prima flowers and put some pretty sequins on the flowers that didn't come with middles.
|Vintage Doily -- with what appears to be handmade lace.|
I am always sad to think that handmade heirlooms end up in thrift stores. When I find them for a good price, I buy them. I attempt to honor the memory of those who made these exquisite pieces (though I have no idea who they might be) by using them on special cards I make. I love what they add to my projects.
Hope you enjoyed this card. I really appreciate it when you take time to leave comments and I would also love for you to become a follower, using the gadget on the sidebar.
Have a lovely beginning of the weekend!!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
1. Lunagirl Moonbeams Challenge #25 - Vintage Spring
2. The Crafter's Cafe Challenge # 58 - Spring
3. Seemacrafts - April Vintage
4. Creative Knockouts - #32 - Spring is in the Air
5. Simply Create Too - #59 No Digi or Stamped Images
6. Get Inky Challenge - Hop Easily into Spring