Saturday, May 31, 2014

Baskets of Wishes - Thinking of You

"The really great thing about cats is their endless variety.  One can pick a cat to fit almost any kind of decor, color scheme, income, personality, mood.  But under the fur, whatever color it may be, there still lies, essentially unchanged, one of the world's free souls."
                                                                     -----------Eric Gurney


Hi, Friends......

I am back with another sketch card from MFP.  I am loving their challenges!!!  I was sorting through my stash and saw these papers.  Don't you love the cool, clean colors?!!  I knew what I wanted to use for my card.



The patterned papers are from DCWV Nana's Kitchen.  The orange cardstock has a shimmery finish and is DCWV, too.  The stamps are from Newton's Nook Basket of Wishes set, which I won from them.  (THANKS, NN!!)  Such sweet images and one of the other stamps in this set has Newton, the kitty, in it.  :)


  
Here's the sketch I used from MFP Sketch with a Twist Challenge.  The twist this week is to make a Thinking of You card with the sketch.






I watercolored a few of the flowers in the basket with a waterbrush, swiping it across an old teal stamp pad I had in my stash.  I also used some red-orange from an even older set of watercolors.  I put some tiny rhinestones in the centers.  Love that sparkle!!



 I used 3-D foam squares for adhering my layers to give my card the added oomph of dimension.  

I really love how this card turned out.  Hope you like it, too!!  I also love to read your comments so please keep them coming.  Also, I would be thrilled for you to become a follower, if you are so inclined.  Just watch that put a ginormous smile right across my face.  :) :) :)

<3 
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering my card in the following challenges:
1.  MFP Sketch with a Twist #100 - Thinking of You  
2.  Craftitude Challenge #66 - Pop it Up 
3.  Just Add Ink Challenge #216 - Just Add Watercolor   
4.  Stampin Royalty #230 - Picture Inspiration 
Stampin' Royalty Inspiration
   











5.  Perfectly Rustics #23 - Inspirational Photo
Perfectly Rustics Inspiration

21 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable! Love the NN image! And, the DCWV papers are some of my favorites, too! Great colors! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Sketch With a Twist Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie! Glad you like the colors, too. I just recently got that 12x12 Nana's Kitchen stack for 40% off of the Hot Buy price of $6.00.......$3.60 before tax. Wowza. How could I resist??? I absolutely love the retro look and their color combos. Thank you for your lovely comments.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Lovely card. I really like the font for your sentiments. Funny how you can never have too many sentiments. Thanks for sharing with us on MFP's Sketch with a Twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth abt never having too many sentiments!! Love the fonts that Newton's Nook uses. Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Cute card - I like all great shapes you have used. Very pretty. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chantelle. It was fun to experiment around with the geometrics!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Very Sweet! Great idea to only partially colour your image. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki! I really liked the effect of only coloring some of the flowers, too. Sometimes less is more. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Hi Janis, thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words. I came to nose around on your blog as well, what lovely creations you have here! I love the colours on your card and the stamp is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pink Unicorn, for visiting and leaving your sweet comment. Thanks, also, for becoming a follower!! I also subscribed to your blog by live bookmark.

      Ginormous smile for new follower ----> :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. This is a very sweet card, Janis; the shimmer and sparkle are lovely. I also really like the shape of the sentiment panel. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine! I am very attracted to shiny things....I am probably related to a crow or something!! Ha. I'm glad you like my sentiment panel. It is supposed to sort of echo the basket shape. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. Cute card, love the shiny background paper that you have used. The touch of water colour and bling make your card sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim, for your sweet comments! I love that inspiration photo on your challenge!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. Hello dear Janis!
    What a great card!! I love all the layers you've added and the colours are super fab! Great use of watercolouring too, i love that you just did the flowers and kept it simple!
    Thanks heaps for joining us at Perfectly Rustics!
    SMiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharnee, for always leaving such wonderful comments! Also, a big thank you goes to you and your team for selecting my card as a runner-up. (happy dance!) Have a lovely day!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  9. Yes a HUGE congrat's to you lovely Janis for being our Runner up!! Well done!!
    Hope to see your handiwork again in the future!
    Smiles Sharnee and Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a sweet card. Thanks for joining in with our watercolouring challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mae! Your visit and nice comment means a lot to me!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  11. Simply and effective just the way it should be thanks for sharing Jacqui from Craftitude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jacqui! I appreciate your nice comment and your visit!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis