Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mini-Album for Baby Girl

"Dogs believe they are human.  Cats believe they are God."
                                                       -----------Anonymous


Hi, Friends......

I am so glad finally to share this project that has been in process for some time.  I had it essentially finished, but wasn't quite satisfied, and so with a few tweaks.....it is done and ready to send.  It is a mini-album for my grand-niece Siobhan's (pronounce Sha-von) first birthday.

I made this mini-album using a fantastic and EASY tutorial from PaperHaus.  Thanks, PaperHaus Magazine!!

#1 - Front Cover
 I used the Authentique Delightful Collection that I won as a prize  (THANKS, Authentique!!) and various other embellishments throughout the mini.  (I just noticed that Authentique has an interesting mini-album tutorial up right now, too, that is similar to what I made only using CD envelopes.  Cool!)


#2  - "Our Precious Miracle" and  "Oh, The Places You'll Go!"
I used 6"x6" papers and left lots of unembellished room for photos and journaling. These delicate pastels didn't photograph too well (..errr...or rather I didn't photograph too well....), but I hope you can get an idea of things. 


#3 - "Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice"
I cut a doily (gleaned from my Mom's old stash) in quarters for the Sugar & Spice page corners.  Love how this turned out.  The doily has a metallic sheen along with the floral pattern.  So pretty!!

The adorable vintage images I used throughout this mini-album are from the Babies and Children A.T.C. Collection.  Such sweet additions!! 

#4 - "My Little Ray of Sunshine",  "Giggles" and  "Sweet as Honey"


Siobhan's family has a kitty, so I thought the sweet vintage image of the child with the cat was purr-fect.  :)



#5 - "Family" and "What a Doll"
Siobhan's family is Army and Daddy had been deployed, so I thought the Family page would be extra special.  I hope they will put a nice picture of the three of them on this page now that Daddy is back home safe and sound.  

The banner is made with Graphic 45 Secret Garden pieces and some shimmery twine. 

#6 - "Sweetness"
Love the heart-shaped doily here and the ribbon I used in the center.  I put a translucent envelope on this last page for mementos, just inside the back cover.

#7 - Back Cover

Hope you enjoyed this tour of my little mini-album.  I have another one to make now for Siobhan's little cousin Kaden, my grand-nephew!  Hope I can have it ready for his first birthday party coming up!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments.  Thank you to all who are followers, too!

<3
Janis 
 
THANK YOU for the honor of being able to enter this mini-album in the following challenges:
1.  Craft for the Craic May Challenge - Something for Baby
2.  Creative Corner - Team Mel - Baby
3.  Simply Create Too Challenge #61 - Anything But a Card

4.  2 Sisters Challenge #176 - Baby 
5.  Lia Stampz Challenge #64 - Anything But a Card
6.  Brown Sugar Challenge #93 - Pastel


****************************************
CAT STATUS UPDATE:
My poor kitties were very glad to see us get back after our trip....particularly to see my son!  His black part-Siamese cats are such sensitive creatures and really did not do well with him gone for so long.  Othello and Andromeda had to spend the four days outside that hubby and I were gone and have been exceptionally affectionate since we got home.

Chaienne was clear up in the loft when we returned.  The only way she could have gotten up there was to jump up from the shelf above the refrigerator.  At her age, she shouldn't be doing that.  She let out anguished howls when she heard us return.  We pulled down the loft ladder to give her an easier way to come back to ground level, but she insisted on jumping back down the way she came.  Poor old lady cat!
*****************************************

5 comments:

  1. I'm quite sure baby Siobhan will delight in looking back through this lovely album when she is old enough to hold it her self. This is a fabulous project. Sylvie Craft for the Craic DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very neat project, so much detail. Fabulous gift. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Corner Challenges.
    Nancy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple, pastel colors is that what I like. Beautiful album Janis. Thank you for joining us on Craft for the Craig!
    Henryka DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet baby gift...the colors are just gorgeous and so much beautiful work. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baby girl mini album is delightful! Very glad you joined in the Simply Create Too "Anything But a Card Challenge" & hope you enter our next challenge also.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis