Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Floral Silhouette with Perfect Pearls

"Cat-lovers will no doubt point out that the elegance and dignity of cats are the consequence of their sojourn in the temples of the gods, where their attitudes and movements were regarded as divine prognostications.  Be that as it may, it is obvious that the cat's wealth of expressions make it an ideal candidate for such a role."
                                                               ---------------Phillipe Diole

Hi, Friends....

I am back with a card I made for another MFP Challenge.  Are you getting the idea that I LOVE MFP challenges?????  Not only do they offer one of their fab stamp sets as a prize for each and every challenge they hold, but they have a week-long challenge EVERY DAY!!!  Wowza.  I play often with them and sometimes the parameters really take me out of my comfort zone.  I am thrilled to be inspired to dust off (and, in my case, sometimes pet hair remove) some neglected products and try them out.  These challenges break me out of my mold and I LOVE that.  That's what happened with today's card.  

Here are the inspiration photos for this amazing challenge:



Aren't those just the most gorgeous photos????  I tried to get them in one neat row, but I couldn't.  (sigh..)

Mark's Finest Papers Inspiration Challenges make it easy to enter, because you can take inspiration from anything about the photos.  I was inspired by the shimmery colors and the luminous full moon in each sensational photo.

Here's what I came up with:



I pulled out my Perfect Pearls to emulate the shimmery look and some solid stamps.  I hadn't used this carnation silhouette stamp in years!!!  The vase I found in a thrift store grab bag.  :)  I stamped my vase and masked the lower stems of the flowers to put them inside.  Then sprinkled with the powder.  Wow....LOVE the effect on black paper.  I didn't use the Perfect Medium that came with my Perfect Pearls.  It didn't seem to make the powder stick as well as a cheapo white stamp pad that I refresh with glycerine for embossing.  That was juicy enough to give a good base.  Maybe my Perfect Medium pad is just dried out?  (shrug...)

For this card, I used the Mandarin color of the Perfect Pearls.  It didn't end up looking very orange, but I love the shimmer!!!  Here's a shot at an angle where you can see it glow.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!




I also followed this Sketchy Colors sketch for this card.  It was more complicated than I anticipated, since I had to construct my own oval stencils!  All my ovals were too small.  So this really took me out of my comfort zone, too.  But I finally got it put together.  Next time, easier sketch.  Ha!  

Other products I used on here are DCWV paper, which I inked around the edges, and a couple of little clearance rack stick-on embellishments.  

Do you think my card looks like a dollar bill????  After I got the photo on here, I thought it kind of did.  hehehee.

Have a lovely day and thanks so much for your sweet comments.  They make my day even brighter!!!

<3 
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:

1.  MFP Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge #66 - Colors of the Moon
2.  Sketchy Colors #214 - Sketch 
3.  Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #23 - Autumn Colors
4.  Creative Corner Challenges - That Old Stamp 
5.  Crafting Musketeers Challenge #14 - Stamped Image 

14 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, love the layout and colours, fab. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Craft Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Your challenge colors are some of my faves and I seem to gravitate to them without even realizing it! Thanks so much for dropping in!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Crafting Musketeers challenge 14: stamped image, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit and nice comment!! It was fun doing my stamped image in a different way this time.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. A beautiful card with some wonderful details. You did a fab job with the sketch, too. Thank you, for joining us for the Speedy TV Inspiration challenge. Congratulations, on being the lucky winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I don't understand how it is that my name has been drawn as an MFP challenge winner so many times lately, but I am thrilled!!!! I appreciate you stopping in and leaving your sweet comment.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. You did well with the ovals - not an easy thing without dies. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Creative Corner this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Crafty. I realize my ovals aren't perfect......and in the photos I see their imperfections even more than when I am looking at the card itself. But I really appreciate you mentioning them. They were a challenge all in themselves! Ha.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Card, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment, Fran!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. I am so glad you love the MFP Challenges - especially the Inspiration one! Your card is lovely - great color really adds a bit of aging and makes it elegant. Great sketch. I see you won as well so thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! As I mentioned above, I am mystified that my name has been drawn randomly so often this week in the MFP challenges, but I am so excited to win some of these amazing stamps. Can't wait for them to arrive!!!! Thank you for your visit and encouraging words.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. Great card with great colors and nice use of the sketch. Love the shimmer it looks so nice.
    Thank you for participating in Sketchy Colors, good luck.
    hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Monica!!! The sketch was a real challenge for me, but it was fun. I love the shimmer, too! I appreciate you stopping in!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis