Saturday, June 20, 2015

Happy Father's Day - To My Husband


Happy Dad's Day to my dear Jim, who manages all the many crises of our life with a unique blend of panic and stoicism!!  lol...

Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a Father's Day card for my dear hubby.  He was so sweet and encouraging about my hand-lettered tag that I decided to make a hand-lettered card for him, too.  I think it adds a personal touch....even if my handwriting isn't perfect.  He will love it and keep it forever.  (Awww....he's such a romantic!!  <3  <3  <3)

I stamped a wonderful vintage truck image from Mark's Finest Papers - Big Boy Toys stamp set with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with WOW! Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Regular onto kraft.  Love the white on kraft look!!

I wrote out my sentiment with a black permanent marker onto a leftover bit of acetate and mounted it onto a scrap of white cardstock with tiny brown brads.

These panels were mounted onto brown cardstock dry embossed with my Darice - Checkered Folder.  This was put on a kraft card base.  I think hubby will like the clean crisp lines of this card and the vintage image.  

Happy Father's Day, Darling!!!  So glad you are the dad of my kids!!! 

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges
1. Tombow - Words of Wisdom Challenge
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Favorite Product or Technique (Heat Embossing)
3. Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #267 - White on Kraft
4. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 181-182 - Use snippets
5. Mod Squad Challenge - Happy Father's Day
6. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #158 "For a Man or Boy"

13 comments:

  1. Ooh Janis, that's a lovely stamp and the white on kraft is very striking. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great father's day card! Love your handwritten sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think hand lettering on a card is genius - I have never done that, but what a great idea!!! And I, too, LOVE white on kraft, I think it's just stunning!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white embossing on Kraft and this one is so pretty! Your husband is going to love it. Great hand lettering too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh...that white on kraft is lovely! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Janis! fabulous white embossed stamping on the kraft...gorgeous card! I am so glad you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww--this is so sweet. I like the embossed background and the white embossing on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janis . I have been away and I am very far behind could never catch up so will start here . I love what you did with the challenge at MFP SFF, it is beautiful......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling card Janis - the white on Kraft is fab! And am still giggling at that kitty photo and caption :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way your image turned out embossed, really looks super!! A very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes!! The white embossing on kraft is a great look, especially with the vintage truck. Love the handwritten sentiments you've been doing and I'm so impressed that you wrote on acetate because I can never do that without my pen or marker slip sliding all over the place! As for your kitty photo...sheesh, not sure whether the e-collar or the pj's are worse for a cat!! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a perfect Father's Day card and I'm sure your husband loved it. The white embossing on craft is striking. Thank you for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This image looks great in the white and kraft. Great masculine card. Thanks for sharing at MFP's Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis