Friday, June 26, 2015

Look for Stars -- Friends with Flair 6-25


Awww.....My kitties like to play with my craft stuff, too!!


Hi, Friends......

I am here with my Friday project for Unity Friends with Flair.  I used a little bit of everything on this project and had a lot of fun making it.  My sentiment is from a Unity grab bag, but I tracked it down to their Nov. 2014 KOM.  Really love its message!  I stamped it with Memento ink in London Fog. 



For my background, I masked off each half diagonally and sponged with lots of Distress Ink (Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Weathered Wood, and Pumice Stone).  I stamped some raindrops with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and my Hero Arts background stamp - Rainy Day Bold Prints. (THANKS, HA!!!) Then I sprayed the whole surface with Tsukineko Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray and followed that by misting with Clearsnap Smooch Spritz in Ginger Ale.  Then I misted with water to let the inks react and blend.  What resulted was a nicely textured and very shimmery background.  LOVE!!!


Next I used my Crayola Watercolor Pencils and drew in my rainbow over the top of the texturing.  I wasn't sure how it would work, but it was perfect.  I blended the colors with my waterbrush.  Then I dabbed Beacon 3-in-1 Craft Glue here and there over my night sky and poured my star confetti over it....allowing the pieces to stick where they might....sometimes in clusters, sometimes singly.

My die-cut clouds are from Lil' Inker - Rainbows and Clouds.  I love the sweet little stitched clouds!!!  I cut them from the silver reverse of some white Add a Little Dazzle - craft metal sheets and from vellum for the night sky part.  I enhanced the faux stitching on the vellum with a Sakura Gelly Roll 08 gel pen in white.  I also drew in some circles around the texture bumps in the night sky with that same pen.


I matted my sentiment panel on navy cardstock and mounted it all on a matching card base.  I think that about covers it. I went a little crazy with my products, but I really like how it turned out.  I hope you like it, too.  :)

Have a wonderful weekend.  It's supposed to hit 100 here, so I plan on doing ZERO cooking!!  lol..  Salads and sandwiches will be it, I think.  Stay cool, everyone!!!  Thanks for dropping by!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Unity - Friends with Flair 6-26
2. Power Poppy - Power Spark - Can You Pencil Me In?
3. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stamp + Mist
4. MAWTT - Sewing and Stitching
5. Hero Arts - Tic Tac Toe Challenge (I used the Circles, Background Stamp, and Watercolor)
6. SSS June Work it Wednesday - Refreshment (I went for emotional and spiritual refreshment with my sentiment.)
7. The Male Room Challenge #13 - Up in the Air (No Birds)
8. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
9. DRS Designs Challenge #180 - Oh, My Stars!!! 

(I don't usually enter this many challenges at a time, but please indulge me because there were a whole bunch of my regular stops that had applicable challenges.  Sometimes there are barely 4 or 5!)

15 comments:

  1. Love your card Janis!!! The strong diagonal like is fabulous between the two entities... Love the sequins!!!!! Its so cold here .... wanna swap????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this sentiment & you have illustrated it so well!! Love the two skies & all the details in them on this beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please send sunshine and heat. Very cool for the time of year here in Norway. Love how you illustrated the sentiment. Fun card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Janis! Great work and unique.
    The heat here in So. FL has been unbearable for weeks now, so I really sympathize with you. Stay cool and craft on! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea to divide on the angle and showcase each section. Thanks for joining us for the Monday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Janis! super cool background, sweet card! I am having a giveaway on my blog, stop by and comment for your chance at winning.....
    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/06/shine-on-giveaway.html

    I am so glad you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your fabulous background and your play on the sentiment! Such fun!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background is awesome and what a clever take on our challenge! Thanks for joining us at The Male room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool--perfect for this sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome and colorful layering in this design, Janis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the rainbow on your card! I sold quite a bit at the garage sale, so you know what that means...I was able to use my credit to get many new things (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! This is amazing Janis!! What a great way to illustrate that sentiment. Love all the layers of design and the texture of the shimmer spray. The shiny metal clouds are a wonderful contrast. I may have to check out those Goosebumps texture sprays to see what they're all about now. Metal clouds, vellum clouds, texture spray, teeny tiny stars...what a fabulous result!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like this card - love the day and night views and gorgeous sentiment. An unusual and inventive take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis