Monday, June 22, 2015

On Your Wedding Day




Hi, Friends.....

I am here with another white on kraft card for the MFP Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.  I love the look of this color combination so much that I thought I would try making a wedding card with it....since I will have need of one of those next month for the son of some friends. 


I used my Mark's Finest Papers Lily of the Valley stamp set.  Do you like how it turned out heat embossed on the kraft?  I really do.  I used my very favorite white embossing powder: 
WOW! Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Regular.  Love the fabulous clean white it gives me.  I did the butterflies on the vellum with the same EP, too.  

The background piece is from my DCWV Printed Burlap Paper Stack.  Love the floral print with the "white on kraft" look that echoes my stamping.  The burlap and the thrift store fiber yarn give just the right amount of natural texture for a rural Idaho wedding card.  The thrift store lace adds a feminine touch.  I mounted this all onto a textured eggshell white card base and then applied some adhesive pearls to help balance the design.

I was trying for a summer breeze blowing through an open window look with butterflies and flowers outside....that makes the oldie by Seals and Crofts - "Summer Breeze"  go through (the jasmine of) my mind!  I wish the white on white photographed better, but I love how the card turned out.  Hope you do, too!!

Hope you are having a good week!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #267 - White on Kraft
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Favorite Product or Technique (Heat Embossing)
3. Wow! Embossing Powder June Challenge - Summer
4. Butterfly Spot Challenge - F is for Flowers
5. Moving Along With the Times - Inspired by a Song  "Summer Breeze" by Seals and Crofts
6. Little Scrap Pieces - Show it Off Saturday Linky Party

11 comments:

  1. Wow Janis that made a beautiful Wedding card! I love the burlap lace and embossing together, a really super card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! Gorgeous muted tones and white-embossed design! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Favorite Products/Techniques” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is exactly what your card looks like...a summer breeze blowing through the lace curtains! Those white embossed vellum butterflies are gorgeous and I am just going to have to steal this idea from you SOON! The kraft balances out all the white and is a wonderful contrast. Just gorgeous all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just keep making them prettier than the last Thank you for playing at MFP SFF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great colour combination and the addition of the lace softens the burlap beautifully. Well Done. Thanks for joining us at Butterfly Challenge #33. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely wedding card. I like the white embossing, kraft, vellum and the burlap paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Janis! The white against kraft is so striking. What a wonderful design idea to show off textures. Thank you for giving me the inspiration to use fewer colors and let the pretty elements speak for themselves. Thank you, too, for a nice afternoon browsing your blog. I'm sorry about not visiting as often as I'd like these days. Thanks for understanding. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. The white embossing on the Kraft card looks really nice. adding the lace to the top and bottom works perfectly.Love the vellum butterfy. Thankyou for fluttering by again for #33. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your white on kraft card is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is stunning, love the lace. Thank you for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, the burlap and the lace just make this card. That slightly rustic look is so popular for weddings right now. Love it. Thanks for sharing at MFP's Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis