Monday, June 22, 2015
On Your Wedding Day
I am here with another white on kraft card for the MFP Speedy Fox and Friends challenge. I love the look of this color combination so much that I thought I would try making a wedding card with it....since I will have need of one of those next month for the son of some friends.
I used my Mark's Finest Papers Lily of the Valley stamp set. Do you like how it turned out heat embossed on the kraft? I really do. I used my very favorite white embossing powder:
WOW! Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Regular. Love the fabulous clean white it gives me. I did the butterflies on the vellum with the same EP, too.
The background piece is from my DCWV Printed Burlap Paper Stack. Love the floral print with the "white on kraft" look that echoes my stamping. The burlap and the thrift store fiber yarn give just the right amount of natural texture for a rural Idaho wedding card. The thrift store lace adds a feminine touch. I mounted this all onto a textured eggshell white card base and then applied some adhesive pearls to help balance the design.
I was trying for a summer breeze blowing through an open window look with butterflies and flowers outside....that makes the oldie by Seals and Crofts - "Summer Breeze" go through (the jasmine of) my mind! I wish the white on white photographed better, but I love how the card turned out. Hope you do, too!!
Hope you are having a good week!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #267 - White on Kraft
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Favorite Product or Technique (Heat Embossing)
3. Wow! Embossing Powder June Challenge - Summer
4. Butterfly Spot Challenge - F is for Flowers
5. Moving Along With the Times - Inspired by a Song "Summer Breeze" by Seals and Crofts
6. Little Scrap Pieces - Show it Off Saturday Linky Party