Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Trust in the Lord - For Dad

Thanks, Dad, for always letting me have at least one cat while I was growing up!!!

"When I was a kid, I said to my father one afternoon, 'Daddy, will you take me to the zoo?' He answered, 'If the zoo wants you, let them come and get you.'" 
                                                                                   ----------------- Jerry Lewis


Hi, Friends....

Today I am sharing the card I made for my dad for Father's Day.  Dad is almost 92 and in assisted care in another state.  Though he has dementia issues, he continues to be unfailingly cheery and knows me when I call him on the phone.  Even though I have used a humorous quote for my Father's Day tribute to my dad, I love and appreciate so much the most important thing he ever did for me...and that is give me a Christian upbringing.  Thank you, Dad! 

That brings me to my card.  Tombow has an interesting challenge going on right now....Words of Wisdom, where you are asked to hand-letter a quote, words of encouragement, etc.  Like many people, perhaps, I am petrified of actually putting my own lettering on my cards.   That's what sentiment stamps are for, right!!???!!!  But I took the plunge with this card for Dad.  It is far from perfect, but Dad will like it.  :)




Products used:
Watercolor markers for lettering
Gold marker for outlining

Distress Ink in Tea Dye
Mark's Finest Papers - Background Fun stamp set
Sizzix - Fancy Labels Dies

Darice - Checkered Embossing Folder
Fuzzy yarn from my stash
Core'dinations brown cardstock
Parchment look cardstock from my stash
Kraft card base

**************************************
NEW FOLLOWER INTRODUCTION TIME
**************************************
Vinita Jain of New Creations is my newest follower.  She is from way over in India, so it is very exciting to have somebody from that far away as a follower!!  Vinita makes exquisite creations in her unique and beautifully detailed style that you will want to look at, for sure!!  Thank you, Vinita, for becoming a follower.  I appreciate it so much!!!  This ginormous smile is for you!!!

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by my blog with your kind words!!!  Hope you are having a wonderful week!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Tombow - Words of Wisdom Challenge
2. Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge #220 - Masculine Theme
3. Inspired by Stamping - IBSIC #95 - Use String
4. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #158 "For a Man or Boy"
5. DL.Art June Linky Challenge - Anything Goes


8 comments:

  1. Oh Janis! I love this beautiful creation for Father"s Day!!! Love your handwritten sentiment and embossed BG, so perfect match:) I am sure, your DAD will love it!!!!
    And Many Thanks for these Inspirational words*-*
    Hugs from miles away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fabulous texture--and I love the monochrome! This is wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I know your father will be delighted!! And thank you for playing along with Tombow! You are awesome!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Fathers Day Card!! Im sure your dad will love it! My dad is also 92, what a blessing to have Christian Fathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous masculine card and your lettering is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Card, I love the earthy tones you have used through out your card. Thanks for joining us over at Inspired By Stamping. Hugs Jo IBS DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card for your dad. A high five to you for using your own handwriting, which is just perfect for a card like this. Love the masculine colors and design, and that texture background stamp on the die cut label gives it a nice natural look! He's going to love this!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis