A kitten is in the animal world what a rosebud is in the garden.
I am back with a second entry into Pretty Pink Posh's wonderful Watercolor Blog Hop.
The link-up is open through tomorrow (Monday, June 8) evening, so hop along and/or link up for a chance to win prizes, including from me! :)
I am always so inspired by lovely watercolor cards and there are tons of them on this hop. One look that I love is white embossing on a pretty watercolor background, so that's what I decided to try this time. I could be wrong, but I think this is the first time I have done this.....why I waited so long, I do not know!
I made this for a young lady in our neighborhood who is graduating. I am absolutely in love with how it turned out!!!
I used watercolor paper for my background. First I drenched the paper in water under my faucet and then smooshed it down while still wet onto my craft mat where I had dabbed Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed and misted with water. Love those colors together and I LOVE the watery look!!!
The flowers and leaves are from the Stamper's Anonymous Wendy Vecchi Build a Bloom Stamp It Stencil It set. The sentiment is from the Lil' Inker - Rainbows and Clouds Sentiment stamp set. Everything is heat embossed using WOW! Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Regular.
Hope you enjoyed my card!! Don't forget that I have a GIVEAWAY currently happening to celebrate this Watercolor Hop AND the summer Coffee Lovers Hop.
|You can win this stamp!!!!|
Here's how to enter my GIVEAWAY:
1. Comment on this or ANY of my Watercolor Hop or Coffee Lover Hop posts by 11:59 pm PDT Friday, June 12, 2015.
2. Please leave your email address with your comment. If I do not have a way to contact you, I will select a different winner. I would be so sad for you to miss out!!
3. I will announce the winner on Saturday, June 13th.
Thank you for all your kind comments!!! Hope you are having fun on all the wonderful hops and events going on right now!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following hops and challenges:
1. Pretty Pink Posh Watercolor Blog Hop
2. Wow! Embossing Powder June Challenge - Summer
3. Cards in Envy - Girls, Girls, Girls
4. Addicted to Stamps Challenge #106 - Summer Colours
5. DL.Art June Linky