Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Birthday Cake Full of Candles
I am back home in smoky Idaho. We are hugely fortunate that our home did not burn. Our amazing firefighters were so incredibly awesome!! We are truly grateful to God for protecting them as they worked to save as many homes as possible. The fires are still burning elsewhere and the smoke is terrible here, but for now our community is safe. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!!!
Today I am sharing a streamlined birthday card I put together this afternoon. It went together quickly because I already had the layered embossed background and the stamped image made. Also, I used a premade card base. Super easy to assemble with all those things available! Love it.
The cake image is from an USS (Unidentified Stamp Set) I found at a thrift store. I love that the images have words in them. It is stamped and heat embossed with white powder on a scrap from my DCWV Creamy Stack (apparently discontinued). The sentiment, from my Mark's Finest Papers - Above the Rest stamp set, is stamped with Distress Ink in Peeled Paint. The layered embossed background uses scraps from my stash and then is dry embossed with my Darice - Checkered folder. A few rhinestones from my stash finished it with a bit a bling.
Thanks for stopping by!!!! Hope you are having a good week.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #276 - Use a candle or decorate one.
2. DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #162 - Birthday or TY
3. Verve August 2015 Inspiration Challenge - Celebration
4. Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday Linky Party
5. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #191 - Use Snippets
6. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
7. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #198 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
8. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - Anything Goes