Sunday, August 9, 2015

Let It Snow......Anything is better than FIRES and 100 degrees!!!


Edited to add:
I am linking up my card to this week's Unity - Friends with Flair since I did not get another Unity card made.  We have a big wildfire near us and have been helping other families evacuate.  The fire is still about 3/4 mile away from us, but we are getting ready to evac in case we need to.  We appreciate your thoughts and prayers!




Hi, Friends....

The prediction this week is for 101 degrees on Wednesday.  Can I hear a collective groan?????  (Ughhhh....)  Thank you.  Do I have A/C????  No.  Does my house have good ventilation so it cools off at night?  Marginal.  So.....can you blame me for making Christmas cards lately?????  lol....




When I saw this Mojo Monday sketch, I first thought about birthday, but then I decided the star reminded me of Christmas so that's the direction I went.











I stamped a cute little Unity grab bag greeting on a scrap of cardstock and heat embossed with clear powder.  This might end up being my Friends with Flair card for Friday since it is possible I will be away some this week.  I thought it was brilliant of me actually to plan ahead that many days!  (Five days... Ha!)


My focal panel is a double-embossed background that I made last winter and had leftover in my stash.  It is dry-embossed with my Darice - Snowflakes folder and then covered with Versamark and various embossing powders in deep purple and with glitter.  Then I brayered more Versamark over the raised portions and heat embossed with silver powder to make the snowflakes more visible.   This has a non-stop sparkle that I wish photographed better.


 My shiny ornaments are die-cut using my Spellbinders - Holiday Tags with a couple of colors from my DCWV Stack - Foiled.  My background papers are from the Echo Park - Winter Wishes collection.  

Other supplies used include:
Versafine Ink - Onyx Black
Silver photo corners 

Hope this card helps you feel cooler if you are in the middle of the summer sweltering heat.  I think it cooled me down a degree or two.  Thanks for stopping by.

<3 
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #409
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Make a Plan
3. DRS Challenge #186 - Dry Embossing
4. Little Scrap Pieces - Show it Off Saturday Linky Party
5. Moving Along With The Times August Challenge - Snow in Summertime
6. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #189 - Use Snippets
ETA:
7. Unity - Friends with Flair

16 comments:

  1. Please keep your hot weather--We don't have AC either but luckily our basement usually remains cool and that is where my craft room is. I like the shiny ornaments with the cool double embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very delightful creation in cool and sparkly BG, gorgeous foiled ornaments, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card you've created here (while you sat sweating ;) and I love how original it is! It has that wonderful traditional "Let it snow" sentiment, yet it is so fresh and modern with the color palette you chose. I also really love the metallic touches and how you added those corners to the inside square. You've given me some great ideas to think about, so thanks for your innovative contribution to our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get through the very hot spell and thinking of pretty snowflakes helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a super job with the sketch Hope you feel cooler now.........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love the technique you used gave a very cool look of metal, super job!! Im hoping it cools soon also, we are expected to get 115 this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Janis - and it really does follow the sketch wonderfully well - as well as using snippets of course!

    I can send you some rain from Hampshire in England if you like?!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one gorgeous card...whether 101 degrees or minus 10 degrees! The die cut foiled paper is a wonderful contrast to the double-embossed snowflake background and I'll bet the colors are even more amazing in person. The warm (the plaid kind of reminds me of flannel) patterned papers that you used are a lovely way to balance all that icy coolness! Oh yes, I know you don't need anything to balance the coolness (especially plaid flannel) but you'll appreciate it when the snows fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel cooler just looking at this card. Wonderfully done - super details and your embossing is FABULOUS!! Thanks for sharing this with us in the DRS Designs challenge Janis. Stay cool. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. The ornaments on it are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that embossed panel - it's divine! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great combination of patterns on your pretty winter card. Wow, your situation sounds stressful, sure hope things settle down and cool down soon!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card this came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card. Praying all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sparkly ornaments, and I just love when I can use my Unity grab bag stamps! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis