Thursday, August 20, 2015

Live, Laugh, Love - FWF 8-21

Awwwwwww......so sweet!


Hi, Friends....

I am here in Kennewick, Washington where we are staying during our evacuation time.  We have had some scary incidents with the big wildfires that are around us, but so far our house is still standing.  We are thankful to the Lord for that!!

I brought just a very few craft supplies with me when I evacuated......still keeping my fingers crossed that my Big Shot, dies, and embossing folders will still be there when this is all finished!!!  I did bring some layered embossed backgrounds, so I made a very simple card for my Unity - Friends with Flair project for this week using one of them.  Love the texture and finished look this technique brings.


I used a Unity stamp from my new grab bag I received.  (THANKS, Unity!!!)  So much fun!!!  This wonderful sentiment is stamped with Versafine ink in Vintage Sepia.  My background is made from some gorgeous foiled DCWV scraps layered onto a backing piece and then dry embossed with my Darice - Interlocking Circles folder.  The matted sentiment panel is up on dimensional foam squares.

That's all for now.  I will link this up to Unity when the FWF post goes live!  Have a wonderful weekend and please keep our community and firefighters in your prayers.  Thanks so much for your encouraging comments!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.
Unity - Friends with Flair.
2. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #197 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
3. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #190
4. Little Scrap Pieces Show-it-Off Saturday Linky Party

22 comments:

  1. Wow!! There you are, coping with an out of control wildfire and in evacuation mode...and still creating gorgeous cards like this! That double layered embossing technique is something that I really need to try because the results are wonderful.
    Keeping your whole community in my prayers and hoping you can return home soon to a safe and intact home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bold colors and patterns for your background...Great job! Thank you for joining our Challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Just want to leave you with God's Word from James 1:12 which says, "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."

    God bless always!
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janis - first of all I do hope this crisis passes for you and that you're soon back home in your home, and that the fires won't have caused any damage. Such a worrying time I'm sure, for you and so many others.

    Love your card - super idea to emboss as well as using those gorgeous papers!

    Take care, and do keep updating us.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pretty patterns on this card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so lovely!! I am glad your house is still there! I am keeping you in my thoughts constantly!! All the positive thoughts are going to you!!
    I giggled when you wrote you hope your Big Shot and Dies are still there!! I'm glad you keep a sense of humor during this time.
    Keep being awesome!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chevron background is totally gorgeous This is a lovely card.................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers, Janis.
    Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Janis. Background paper is so beautiful and perfect for sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. I hope that things improve for you and the others involved. I will pray that all will be there for you when you go back. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous background you've created with that technique - I just love the colors and patterns! Sending best wishes to you and everyone else on the west coast having to face and fight those devastating wildfires! I pray your home will be spared!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I love the background. Sending you good vibes for safety and being able to return home with everything intact. My cousin lives in Kettle Falls and has been evacuated too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love your kitty love pic. Hope all goes well for a speedy return to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card! I pray that the fires go out and you can return home....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Be safe, crafty friend Janis. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card, great multiple background papers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Thoughts and prayers for you....stay safe. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janis, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this time. I can only imagine how scary this time is for all of you. I do love your positive spirit in light of the situation. Your card is stunning. I love the bronze palette with the burgundy. Nice sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, Janis Fabulous colors & textures. Alaska has had our fair share of wildfires this summer as well with many homes lost. Hope yours is under control quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just heard there is extra help headed your way. I love the colors and texture in this project. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Janis, glad you are still able to craft despite the drama. Hope the house and stash survive. Love this card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis