Friday, August 28, 2015

Thank You So Much -- FWF 8-28





Hi, Friends.....

I am here with my last Friday project for Unity Friends with Flair.  They are changing it up a bit over at Unity and their FWF will be on Tuesdays, starting on Sept. 1.  To be honest, I am a little bit nervous about the changes they might have in the works for FWF.  I love participating and hope that Facebook or Instagram won't be required for the new and improved Tuesday FWF....since I am not on those particular social media places.


Today I am sharing another simple card I made during our evacuation time when I had very limited craft supplies with me.  I used a watercolor background (from my "marker water salvage project" ) and did some simple stamping with Unity grab bag stamps with Versafine Onyx Black ink.

Rather than my usual routine of simply matting the sentiment panel for putting on my background, I put the snippets at an angle this time.  It's not fancy, but I like it.

I did some subtle clear heat embossing on the background that is barely visible, but if you look closely you can see some little hearts.  Also, I smooshed the same flower stamp I used on the sentiment panel onto a wet paper towel to pick up some water and stamped it here and there on the background.  It "bleached" out the shape of the flower here and there.  If you have sharp eyes, you might be able to see it.  Although it is faint, I think it adds.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  We have the possibility of more thunderstorms today and tomorrow, so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.  Until we have some significant rain, we are still in very great danger of fire.  Yikes!

<3 
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Unity - Friends with Flair
2. DL.Art Thankful Thursday
3. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #191 - Use Snippets
4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
5. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #198 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
6. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
7. DRS Designs - Sentiment
8. Craft Stamper August Take It Make It Challenge - Use Pens or Pencils

17 comments:

  1. Hi Janis. A simple but beautiful card. I wish you rain. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background, simply love lt!
    Hugs!
    Vinita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful snippets card Janis - I can see the flowers!

    Wishing you rain - I think we may have had your share lately!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous CAS card Janis, a great design and colour combo with a beautiful watercoloured background and gorgeous gold embossed hearts.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your background , I noticed the embossing right away, it is such a nice effect. Love the image and the sentiment. Thank you for joining my DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY thank you challenge. Have a blessed day DIANA L.
    www.dianamlarson.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Janis. I saw those little hearts right away.
    I'm going to will you some of our rain from this tropical storm (it was downgraded from a hurricane - yay!) we'll be getting soon. Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love the way you did the background

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! I love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing what you can do with so little I love your background ......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool background and sweet hearts peeking through.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun background! Sending positive thoughts your way.
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it fun to play in watercolors? I see your little gold hearts... adorable on this pretty background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet. Glad you are still able to craft. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bg is super great - I will have to try that technique. Hope you came through the storms well too and your cat chart made me laugh (I am still laughing when I think about how true it is). We are so glad you shared your beautiful card with us in the DRS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis