Monday, August 22, 2016
Butterflies Plus V is for Vases and/or Vanilla
I am here with a last minute entry into Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge
where she asks us this time to use butterflies plus V is for Vases and/or Vanilla. I chose some warm vanilla cardstock and did an emboss resist card in soft colors.
My vase and flower images are from an unidentified Stampin' Up set I got at a thrift store. The butterflies are from my ancient Rubber Stampede Victorian Butterfly set. (I hope I am not the only one who still uses old foam mount rubber stamps that are nearly 30 years old!!!) I stamped them all with Versamark and heat embossed them with white powder.....a creamy white, not my whitest white. I sponged some distress ink around the embossed images and wiped off the excess with a baby wipe. Then I added some spatters of Clearsnap - Smooch Spritz in Carrot Cake.
Other supplies used:
Scraps of DCWV paper for matting
Tulle ribbon from thrift store
Metallic gold photo corners
kraft card base
I hope you like the soft colors of this card. I love how it turned out. Thank you for stopping by!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge - V is for Vases and/or Vanilla
2. Allsorts Challenge Week #377 - Fabulous Florals
3. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
4. Amusing Challenge #35 - Anything Goes
5. Wow! Embossing Powder August Challenge - Flowers
6. Crop Stop Linky Party #19 - Anything Goes - Use a product CS sells (I used Distress Ink)
7. Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party - Watercolor
8. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
9. My Time To Craft Challenge #327 - Embossing Heat or Dry
10. Fashionable Stamping Challenge #114 - Resist Stamping
11. Papercrafters Corner Challenge Week #158 - Inspiration Photo (I was inspired by the flowers in the vase with their warm colors.)