Monday, August 22, 2016

Butterflies Plus V is for Vases and/or Vanilla



Hi, Friends......

I am here with a last minute entry into Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge 
 where she asks us this time to use butterflies plus V is for Vases and/or Vanilla.   I chose some warm vanilla cardstock and did an emboss resist card in soft colors.


My vase and flower images are from an unidentified Stampin' Up set I got at a thrift store.  The butterflies are from my ancient Rubber Stampede Victorian Butterfly set.  (I hope I am not the only one who still uses old foam mount rubber stamps that are nearly 30 years old!!!)  I stamped them all with Versamark and heat embossed them with white powder.....a creamy white, not my whitest white.  I sponged some distress ink around the embossed images and wiped off the excess with a baby wipe.  Then I added some spatters of Clearsnap - Smooch Spritz in Carrot Cake.  

Other supplies used:
Scraps of DCWV paper for matting
Tulle ribbon from thrift store
Metallic gold photo corners
kraft card base

I hope you like the soft colors of this card.  I love how it turned out.  Thank you for stopping by!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge - V is for Vases and/or Vanilla
2. Allsorts Challenge Week #377 - Fabulous Florals
3. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
4. Amusing Challenge #35 - Anything Goes
5. Wow! Embossing Powder August Challenge - Flowers
6. Crop Stop Linky Party #19 - Anything Goes - Use a product CS sells (I used Distress Ink)
7. Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party - Watercolor
8. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG 

9. My Time To Craft Challenge #327 - Embossing Heat or Dry
10.
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #114 - Resist Stamping
11. Papercrafters Corner Challenge Week #158 - Inspiration Photo  (I was inspired by the flowers in the vase with their warm colors.)

http://papercrafterscorner.com/blog/papercrafting-challenge-week-158/
 

13 comments:

  1. Oooh, love the touched of gold from the photo corners! They add the perfect sparkle to your soft colors and image. I am really loving those splatters in Carrot Cake, and I love the name Carrot Cake even more! Time for a midnight snack maybe?
    I too have foam mounted stamp sets that are practically prehistoric but I unmounted most of them to get cleaner images some years back. My first stamps were all foam mounted and I still love every one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Janis. The colours are gorgeous and the white embossed image works perfectly. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm swooning over this card it is so pretty. I love the colour background against the embossed vase of flowers. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really pretty floral creation Janis and great resist stamping as well, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge and Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again, Janis! What beautiful card, the background of the embossed resist is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in again at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome, Janis. That raised embossed image is stunning on your lovely background. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your art with us at CropStop. I'm truly grateful to have you play along.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth, Challenge Coordinator
    CropStop

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card Janis and I love the warm colour tones that you've used. The resist stamping looks wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous, Janis! Lovely colors. I think I need some WOW white embossing powder; what I have doesn't seem to work this well. (And hopefully your photo corners will count as an office supply!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty love the bow . So far behind have daughter and family here and only time for fun,,,,,,,,,Lis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous project and great to see you still using those old faithful stamps too! Thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You covered a lot of territory with this one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my!! This is so pretty!! I love the colors you used and the ribbon made of netting looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis