Tuesday, August 9, 2016
Custom Washi Tape Card
First I want to thank you all for your kind comments during this difficult time of losing 2 friends and also losing my sweet Aliyah kitty. Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated!
I am here today with a simple summery card I made for the MFP Stamps Flowers Everywhere July Tutorial Challenge where they ask us to make custom washi tape following their tutorial and use it on a project. MFP has wonderful tutorials and I enjoy stretching my skill set a bit by trying the new techniques they show us.
Here I made my own washi tape by coloring some Micropore surgical tape strips with several different colors of my Spectrum Noirs and then stamping them with some MFP stamps using Versafine Ink in Onyx Black . I used the sunflower image from my Mark's Finest Papers - Calendar stamp set and the Happy Birthday sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers - Background Fun stamp set.
I made some random (and hopefully a little arty!) splatters with Clearsnap Smooch Spritz in Pomegranate and Carrot Cake. I finished it off with some gold sequins and a sparkly gold bow. Easy and fun!
Hope you liked this sunny card. I love the vibrant late summer colors!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Stamps Flowers Everywhere July Tutorial Challenge - custom washi tape
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fabulous Florals
3. The Paper Girls Challenge #109 - Washi it Up
4. Penny Black at All Sorts August Challenge - AG
5. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
6. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
7. Amusing Challenge #33 - AG
8. Crafty Ribbons Challenge #163 - AG