Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Embossed Sympathy Card



Hi, Friends.....

I am here to share a sympathy card today.  As you might have seen in one of my blog posts, we recently have suffered the loss of a couple different friends.  It's been a very sad and difficult time for our family and for our community.  We are comforted by the fact that both of these friends had faith in the Lord Jesus.



This card features double embossing:  gold heat embossing over dry embossing.  I used my Darice Easy Frames set and my Darice - Interlocking Circles folder to make the embossed border and then brayered Versamark over the textured surface and heat embossed with gold powder.  I stamped and heat embossed the praying hands image, too.  Then I sprinkled Imagine Crafts - Walnut Ink Crystals over only the border areas and misted with water to let them dissolve and run.  I love the watery effect.

Supplies used include:
Darice - Interlocking Circles embossing folder
Darice Easy Frames set
Praying hands stamp of unkn origin from thrift store
Clear Dollar Stamps - Easter Blessings stamp set (discontinued)
Imagine Crafts Walnut Ink Crystals
Core'dinations heavy duty white cardstock
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
VersaMark Ink
Gold embossing powder
Scraps from my stash for backing panels

Thank you for stopping by today.  I appreciate your kind and encouraging words!!!  

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make for the Border
2. Crop Stop Linky Party #19 - Anything Goes - Use a product CS sells (I used VersaMark Ink)
3. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
4. Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party - Watercolor
5. Double D Challenges - Neutrals
6. Mod Squad - The Die's the Thing

7. My Time To Craft Challenge #327 - Embossing Heat or Dry 
8. Creative With Stamps Challenge #5 - Geometric
http://creativewithstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2016/08/cws-challenge-5-geometric.html


18 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for you loss Janis! Your card is GORGEOUS and will bring comfort I'm sure! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Neutrals’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for your loss!
    lovely card!
    lots of hugs
    Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card. I'm sure it will be appreciated by the recipient at this difficult time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very beautiful, so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear...but the card is just gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss.
    Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card which will be greatly loved I am sure! Sorry for loss! Thank you for joining our Double D challenge!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, how incredibly beautiful! What you've done with inks and embossing is utterly stunning. I'm so sorry for your heartache of loss. Your card will be a comfort. Thank you for sharing it with us at Double D in our Neutrals challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect it is all so perfect I love this card ..........lis

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss, it's never easy. This is just beautiful, and so creative to do some heat embossing over the dry embossed design. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad!
    Judy - Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sympathy card, Janis. I am certain it will bring peace and comfort to the recipients in their grieving.
    Thank you for sharing your inspirational card with us at Creative With Stamps this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sympathy card Janis. So sorry for your loss. Thanks for playing along with us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, beautiful sympathy card, fabulous background.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for your loss. This sympathy card is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at CDD Linky Party. Hugs.Amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry for your loss, Janis. Your Sympathy Card is so beautiful, I'm certain that it brought great comfort to the recipient. Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought I had caught up with all your cards but I hadn't seen this beauty yet, and it's just spectacular. The embossed interlocking circles are so elegant looking and then you added walnut crystals for a very vintage, artistic look. Your card is sure to bring comfort to the families who have lost a loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry for your loss! The card ist beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing your card @ Creative with Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow!! I am so sorry for your loss. This sympathy card is stunning. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis