Tuesday, August 16, 2016

"Faith is....".in Pretty Purples and Greens


Hi, Friends....

Seems like I can always use encouraging cards to send to friends who need their day brightened.  You, too?  I especially love using my scripture stamps for these kind of cards and what better fit than to use my Verve stamps and a Viva la Verve sketch???

I got super-inspired when I saw Julee's Viva la Verve August Sketch #1.  It has several elements that really fit with my style such as the paneled background and the circular focal panel with a frilly edge.




No, I am not planning another 11-post blog blitz for this sketch like I did in April....but I do love this sketch and hope to make several cards with it.  

Here's my first take:



I rotated the sketch on its side for this one and used a layered embossed background made of DCWV scraps that had been in my stash for some time.  Julee is very generous in letting us use "poetic license" on her sketches, so I used squares instead of a central circle layered over my doily.  Each and every piece of paper I used on this card except the doily and card base was from my scrap bags.  Yay!!

Supplies used include:
Verve - Scripture Medley 2 stamp set
Verve - Sprightly Sprigs die set
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Distress Ink used for stamping sentiment - Wilted Violet
Distress Ink sponged on embossed background to show texture - Victorian Velvet
Peridot rhinestones, doily, and lots of scraps from my stash


Hope you enjoyed my card.  What kinds of encouragement cards do you like to make?  Let me know in the comments.  Thank you so much for the encouraging words you always leave for me!  Your visits make my day.

<3 
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Viva la Verve August Sketch Challenge
2. Crop Stop Linky Party #19 - Anything Goes - Use a product CS sells (I used Distress Ink)
3. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
5. Amusing Challenge #34 - Anything Goes
6. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday July 2016 - Use Peridot (my rhinestones are peridot color)
7. Cards in Envy - It's Hip to be Square

8. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 242 - Use Snippets

10 comments:

  1. Love these colors nice twist on the sketch .......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty layout. I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Janis! Such pretty colours and a lovely design too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Janis! The colour combo works beautifully together. Thanks for playing along with us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors, so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the doily behind the square! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love the vibrant colors and pretty patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I am in love with those bright, vibrant colors! The patterned paper strips with embossing make the perfect backdrop for this pretty doily and purple burlap square. This is definitely a fave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - love your design.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis