Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Foxy CAS Birthday Card




Hi, Friends......

Don't ask me why this fall-themed MFP Stamp CAS challenge is appealing to me so much!!!  I don't even understand Clean and Simple cards!!!  I am so serious.  When I look at CAS challenges and then when I look at what the design team members make.....it doesn't seem to correlate.  I guess I am too left-brained, that is, what's left of my brain!

But....I am attracted to the idea of CAS cards....and I like CAS cards that I see.....I just feel that they are missing something (like a LOT of something) when I try to make them.  Nevertheless....here is another attempt and this one looks more autumny than my other "late fall" one!  lol...


NO.....This autumny fox is NOT sitting in a wintery snowstorm!!!  It's CAS, all right???!!!!  :)
My fox and sentiment are both from the Mark's Finest Papers - What a Fox stamp set.  I stamped them with Versafine ink in Vintage Sepia and then heat embossed with clear powder.  Then I colored it with my waterbrush and watercolor pencils.  I mounted it on a chocolate brown card base.

You would chuckle to see the evolution of this card because originally I was going to make this a one-layer card.  I stamped and heat-embossed it on a white card base.  It looked very white, but it certainly was CAS!!!  Then I cut the card base up and tried the white image panel on the brown card base.  This looked better, but still soooooooooo bland.  At the risk of really messing the whole thing up, I decided to watercolor the fox.  I think I am glad I did.  It brightens the card up a lot.  

I really wanted to make some paint splatters, too, but decided I better stop while I was ahead.  Who knows where it all would end?....more layers?...die cuts?...leaves?...trees?...dry embossing?... twine?... burlap belly band?...photo corners?...brads?...  Eeek!!!  You see why CAS is not my style???  I like STUFF too much!!!  

Okay, this blog post is taking me longer than the card did...so I better get this linked up.  Thanks so much for taking a look at my cards.  You make my day with your sweet comments.

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Stamps Challenge #32 - CAS with Fall Theme
2. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
3. Critters & Creatures Linky Party 6 - Feature a Critter or a Creature
4. The Sisterhood of Crafters - Close to Nature
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Let's Go Wild
6. Unicorn Challenge #12 - Animal Kingdom

12 comments:

  1. Haha...oh yes, I can only imagine how hard it was for you to resist adding "just that little bit more" to your card but I'm glad you did because this is CAS perfection! The thin brown mat frame and the sweet water-coloring is the just the right amount of color. Hmmm, you may become a CAS expert at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your finished CAS card Janis and it looks perfect on the brown card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card
    oh I dont like do cas because I alywas want to add somthing :D
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute 'nature' card and I think you CAS perfectly!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little fox is the cutest guy! Nice job! Thanks for joining us here at MFP Stamps Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous CAS creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CLOSE TO NATURE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always crack me up! Your fox is GORGEOUS!! Glad you managed to keep it CAS. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is great Janis and so is your commentary of the process. You sound like me...Sometimes I just don't know when to quit. I am like you, some of the CAS cards I have seen out there are not that simple. LOL Beautiful but not always "simple" looking! At any rate, yours is beautiful! Thanks for the entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVELY CAS card! Wonderful coloring! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Let’s Go Wild” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great card! Thanks for playing again at Unicorn, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful creation, love your coloring!
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    xEllie
    Let's Color linky party
    Critters and Creatures linky party

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fox! Another fantastic card! Thanks for playing along with us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis