Sunday, August 7, 2016

My Sweet Aliyah....(2001-2016)


Aliyah (2001 - 2016)

Hi, Friends.....

It is with a sad heart that I share with you the passing of our sweet Aliyah kitty, age 15.  She had been in fragile health for some time and in multi-organ decline for several months.  We made the difficult, but correct, decision to have my vet hubby put her down today.  It was time....but it was still sad.

She was born to a feral barn mommy we called DeeDee.  We found DeeDee's kitten nest and took the babies so we could curb the cat population by having tame kitties we could spay and neuter.  DeeDee rewarded us by shimmying out of the net every time I tried to capture her and by having two litters per year for the next 6 or 7 years!  Ackk!!  This is how we ended up with so many DeeDee babies!!!


Rubbing on things and trying to pick her way over to me to nestle against my shoulder.

 Aliyah was fostered by a nursing mommy cat belonging to some friends and brought back home when she was 6 weeks old.  She bonded onto me immediately and nestled against my shoulder under my chin for comfort while she was still tiny.  For the rest of her life until she got very ill, Aliyah often "needed a shoulder" and would pick her way over my stacks of craft supplies with a worried look on her face to get to my shoulder.
 
Aliyah napping on top of my piano music in between stacks of hymnals, etc.
Aliyah had the most luxurious coat.  A lot of DeeDee's babies did, but Aliyah's was the best.  We said she had a "rabbit coat"... so very soft and thick.  

We had a lot of good years with Aliyah and I am really going to miss her.  Aliyah's arch-rival kitty, Chaienne, who is also 15 is now top cat.  Shy-Cat has a more mellow personality than Aliyah, so the other cats are probably all heaving a sigh of relief!  Shy-Cat is not in good health, either....vet hubby says she has maybe a year.  We'll do what we can to keep her stable.  It is hard to see my kitties getting old.  

Thanks for sharing in my sadness today.

<3
Janis

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry.
    your Aliyah was very sweet cat.
    lots of hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO sorry Janis!! It is so very hard to make the decision and say good by to our fur babies! How blessed she was to have you for a mommy though :) big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read your sad news, Janis. Tears in my eyes as I read your post. I know you will miss you sweet Aliyah. Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet kitty. It is always hard to say good bye to a beloved pet.

    Love, Hugs and blessings
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss. It is always so hard to lose our fuzzy children... Her markings remind me a lot of my Spooky, who we lost several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry!!! Such a beautiful kitty! Saying prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... what a lovely tribute! So sorry for your loss. That's the hardest part of having critters so close, but it is overshadowed by the great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear this Janis as I know how you feel but sometimes the right thing to do is STILL, HARD to do!
    So sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so hard to loose them Sad HUGS,,,,,Lis

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for you loss, loved that you shared so many sweet photos. Sending hugs and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I am so sorry for the loss of your FurBaby. It's always very hard in't it. Sending lots of hugs. xoxoxoxox
    I don't know you had a Vet Hubby - that is very useful !

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love that photo of Aliyah picking her way across to get to your shoulder and know that she will be missed for a long long time. These sweet kitties fill a niche that no other can and it never gets easier losing one does it. Hugs to you Janis, and thanks for sharing her story with us.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis