And another that is just too insightful not to share. Ouch!:
|From Jesus, The Good Shepherd......to Jesus, the Cat Wrangler|
I am swooping in with a quick post to share a card I made for the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge this week. I have several friends who are hurting and I think an encouragement card with scripture will be appreciated.
I absolutely adore the sketch that fellow Idahoan Julee Tilman made. I wish I had time to make a bunch of cards using it, because it is right up my alley with the paneled background pieces....(read: scraps and layered embossing!) :)
Here's my take:
I made a layered embossed background by gluing my DCWV strips onto a piece of glitter cardstock and then dry embossing with my Darice - Damask folder. The verse from Psalm 23 is from an ancient set of unknown origin. I stamped it with a green "rainbow" pigment ink pad and heat embossed it with clear powder. You can't really tell from the photo that there is much variation in the green ink, but it is more visible IRL.
I am very delighted to have used a number of little sequins and doo-dads (including a button!!) from my tiny container on my craft desk. I am always sweeping little mismatched pieces into it for future use.....and then I forget to look in there to see what will work for the current project! Everything except the die-cut and the peridot green rhinestones came from the little box!!
Other supplies used for this card include:
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Inspired by Stamping - Fancy Labels 3 Dies
Verve - Sprightly Sprigs die set
You still have time to join the fun over at Mojo Monday. This is prize week, so use the sketch and link up... You might win!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #459
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fabulous Florals (my background panels are floral patterned)
3. Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #68 - Chin Up, Buttercup
4. DL. Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #185 - AG
5. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
6. Wow! Embossing Powder August Challenge - Flowers (my background panels are floral patterned)
7. The Artistic Stamper August Creative Challenge - AG
8. SRTC August Challenge - AG
9. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
10. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday July 2016 - Use Peridot (my rhinestones are peridot color)
11, Try it on Tuesday Challenge - Use Your Leftovers and Scraps