Monday, November 28, 2016

Leaf with Nuvo Crystal Drop Accents in Background



Hi, Friends.....

I took advantage of American Thanksgiving coming a little early because of how the calendar fell this year by finishing and/or embellishing and/or remaking some rejects in my Thanksgiving box. Here's a simple card that was lying there unfinished with only the patterned paper leaf cut out and glued to the patterned paper covered card base. I had a bunch of these!! What to do to dress them up????

I am extremely proud of myself that I drew this leaf free-hand!!!  I cut out a pattern from my drawing to use for tracing onto patterned papers for autumn leaf cards.  :)
Glitter always help, right???? I layed down a line of white craft glue around the entire outline of the leaf, covering the stem completely. Then I sprinkled gold super-fine glitter over it. That made a huge difference, but it still needed something.

A couple months ago I bought a few colors of Tonic Studios - Nuvo Crystal Drops that I hadn't been brave enough to try yet. I wasn't sure how hard it would be to control the size of droplets I was dispensing onto my project. I did a practice run on a scrap and it was really easy!!! You squeeze these out right onto your project, although I guess you could do them on something non-stick and then glue them onto your card or mixed media piece. Following the pattern of this whimsical doodled background, I went a little crazy with the drops. LOVE the effect!!! I didn't have the Nuvo in gold that matched my glitter, so I used copper penny for a mixed metal look. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! :) What do you think?

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comments!!  You totally make my day.

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Little Scrap Pieces Show it off Saturday Linky Party
2. Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper November Challenge - Anything Goes using Patterned Paper
3. Crafty Calendar November Challenge - Autumn Colors
4. Hiding in My Craft Room - Any Holiday (Thanksgiving)

5. Mod Squad Challenge - Sparkle it Up 

8 comments:

  1. You can always rely on good old glitter! Fabulous card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nuvo drops look fabulous, Janis and glitter is a great go-to! Lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

    Peggy T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA! I am impressed with all those perfectly placed dots, Janis! The result is an incredible project with beautiful finishes! Wonderful! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glitter and the drops really make this card. I used to glitter the edges of things quite often and haven't thought of it in years. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous representation of a fall leaf - love the colors and trimming with the glitter.Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those metallic Nuvo copper dots are SO fabulous! I can understand why you crazy with them because I would probably have moved on from the card to embellishing everything I owned. I love copper especially, and those sound so much easier to make than I thought. Putting them directly on my project works for me. Also, that little airline pilot kitty meme cracks me up...that's exactly what cats would do!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis