Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Monochrome Christmas Landscape


Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a last-minute entry into the Winnie &Walter - November Rerun Challenge #16. They are featuring one of their lovely Happiest of Holidays with Evelin T Designs which I do not own, but I can still enter using another of their products and inspiration from one of their designers. Yay! Shay is so very generous over there at W&W!!!

 


I was inspired by this card by the awesomely talented Kelly Griglione. I love the simple design of the house with the trees stamped around it.





For my card, I went completely monochromatic and made a snowy church scene using my Winnie & Walter - Our Town stamp set and Distress Ink in Black Soot.  I did first, second, and third generation stamping to give some dimension and an imperfect "snowy" look to the images.  The monochrome reminds me of how a snowfall gives a landscape a soft black and white look.   Love this effect! 



Other supplies used include:
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
DCWV scrap and Black Cardstock from my stash
Baker's twine that might have come wrapped around an order from W&W :)

Thank you so much for stopping in and leaving your wonderful comments!! I have two more Christmas Concerts this week and then I can get on with other December activities....including getting my Christmas card supplies out to see how many cards I still need to make!  Ha. Have a great day!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter - November Rerun Challenge #16 Happiest of Holidays
2. The Male Room Challenge #49 - Landscape, Cityscape, etc.
3. November Rudolph Days at ScrappyMo's - Anything Christmas
4. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - 'O' Christmas Tree
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
6. Mod Squad Challenge - Holiday Dimension (I added visual dimension by second generation stamping my trees)
7. Allsorts Challenge Week #391 - Anything Christmas
8. DL.Art November Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
9. Crop Stop Linky Party #22 - Anything Goes using CS product (I used a My Favorite Things die)
10. Love to Scrap Challenge #90 - Anything Goes

17 comments:

  1. Super christmas card. Love the monochromatic design and lovely stamp. Thanks for joining us at the Rudolph Days challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Janis. Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful monochromatic card! Great to see non-traditional Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! What a neat church scene. I like how you did it in monochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black and white scene,lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fab, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely reminds me of Amish MERRY CHRISTMAS Janis..............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, Janis! Beautiful, classic scene! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab Christmas card, love the black and white. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Janis, I love how you used that Our Town stamp set with this monochromatic color scheme. Limiting your design to black and white really lets the church image shine and the generational stamping of the trees gives wonderful dimension to your scene. This is a different look for you and I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card has a very up to date look about it. The monochromatic look really works here.
    Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the monochrome, a great card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room challenge. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card! Love the monochrome look!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like the monochrome look - very clean and crisp! Your landscape is lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at The Male Room this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very cute, I love the monochromatic colors.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis