Monday, November 28, 2016

Vintage Thanksgiving


Hi, Friends.....
 

Do you ever make holiday cards AFTER the holiday while your supplies are still out...so you have some on hand for next year??? I do this all the time. With American Thanksgiving being a bit early because of the way the calendar fell this year, there were still plenty of November challenges calling for Thankful sorts of cards with autumn colors. Yay! That's right up my alley....getting some made and put away for next year! :)

I was inspired by the Papercrafter's Circle Magazine Monday inspiration piece for this week:



I loved how this autumn cover has a black background....something I rarely use on Thanksgiving cards.  One of the requirements for this challenge was that you show something you are thankful for and I chose the good food from a bountiful harvest.  Here's my take using some pieces from the Graphic 45 - Times Nouveau collection, some leftovers from other Thanksgiving cards, and scraps from my stash:



I went with a square format for this card, as I often do when I make a collage style card with my Graphic 45 elements. It just seems that an A2 size isn't big enough, but I don't want to make a much larger half-fold card, either. I could go up to the next size larger 5"x7", but usually don't. What is your go-to next size larger card????? Do you go square or stay rectangular?

Other supplies used:
Leaves from the Dollar Store
Glitter glue rubbed on the leaves for shimmer
Twine from the Dollar Store
Core'dinations black cardstock

Hope you enjoyed my card. I will share a few other Thanksgiving ones soon!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Papercrafters Corner Magazine Monday Week 165
2. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #193 - Use Orange, Green, Brown
3. DL.Art November Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
4. Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper November Challenge - Anything Goes using Patterned Paper
5. The Artistic Stamper November Challenge - Autumnal
6. Hiding in My Craft Room - Any Holiday
7. Aud Sentiments Challenge #169 - Anything Goes + Sentiment
8. The Paper Girls Challenge #116 - Grateful
9. Mod Squad Challenge - Sparkle it Up 

10. Love to Scrap Challenge #90 - Anything Goes 

15 comments:

  1. This is delightful - love the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, love the black! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at LTSCB and good luck! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Janis! Love the papers and colours against the black background. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun design, I love how you added sparkly to the leaf, it gives it a nice fall feel.wonderful.
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #193-“Color- orange, green and brown” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Card! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Usually I stay rectangular. 4x6 is usually the size I go to next... or maybe it 4.5 x 6? I dunno, whatever A6 is. I've got tons of envelopes for that size. I like your card and the G45 papers. You can hardly go wrong with those. I don't tend to make Thanksgiving cards after Thanksgiving as I'm usually on to making sure I have enough Christmas ones ready to go. This year I do and am working on getting them addressed. I do make Christmas cards after Christmas and that's part of why I have enough now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! I love the black background and I would never have thought to use that for a background! Thanks for joining us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Card. I love the Graphic 45 paper and the sparkly leaves. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the perfect way to use Graphic 45 papers! Layers and more layers show off the design wonderfully. I love those leaves tucked under the twine and the black background. I usually steer clear of square cards because they cost extra postage, but then I read that someone else just sends them in rectangular envelopes anyway...at regular postage rates. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could think in enough directions to incorporate so many challenges at once! I've been doing two at a time, and that stretches my poor brain. You're card is brilliant! Bravo! 5x7 is my next size up. I only make square cards if I'm following someone else's layout that I can't adapt. . .you know, that brain-stretching thing, or it's a special cricut cut. Of course, my cards are usually so thick I have to add the extra postage anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all need "thank you" cards and yours is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge. Sorry I am a little late in commenting on last months contributions ... but as they say, better late than never!
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine X DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis