Saturday, November 5, 2016

Welcome, Tweet One!



Hi, Friends.......

I am still waiting to hear from the following winners of prizes from my Cat Lovers Hop last week:  Elizabeth, Katie O, 2am Scrapper, and Leigh S-B.  I really don't want to have to go tracking you ladies down, so please email me ASAP at jwoolbright at gmail dot com.  THANKS!!!
 
So in the middle of finishing things up with the Cat Lovers Hop, I made a card for our pastor's wife who has a baby boy due in a few short weeks.  Yay!  I made a set of flannel receiving blankets for the baby, too.  Fun!
I was lucky enough to be one of the winners in Winnie & Walter's WCMD challenges and, for part of my prize, I ordered their adorable LS Exclusives: So Tweet with Evelin T Designs stamp set for making a card especially for this baby!  (THANKS, W&W!!!)

My watercolor background is one of my "Leftover Easter Egg Dye Background Series".  :)  I stamped the images using my mini-MISTI with Onyx Black Versafine ink and colored them with Distress Inks smooshed on an acrylic block and my waterbrush.  I die cut the panels with my new Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set....(also part of my WCMD prize!...THANKS, W&W!!)

This was a fun card to make for a "country baby".....I loved putting the cowboy hat on the sweet little birdie!!  Hope you enjoyed it!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Creative With Stamps Challenge #8 - Use Bird Stamp

Grab Our Badge!
2. MAWTT Challenge #32 - Cute Animals

I might get a few more challenges added tomorrow ....


17 comments:

  1. Aw this is cute; love the background :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little bird with the cowboy hat! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janis, this is even cuter that I imagined! That little bird with the cowboy hat is so fun and sweet, struttin' his stuff! The subtle watercolor wash background (or should I say easter egg wash) is the perfect way to add color while letting that birdie take center stage. I know the parents are loving that card and gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She will love this adorable card, Janis! The sentiment is the sweetest ever! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aawww, how dang cute is your cowboy birdie?!! Janis, this is so fun for the new country boy and your coloring is fabulous!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. Four days ago our 7th grandchild was born--a beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that little birdie in a cowboy hat. You are so clever to think of this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative with Stamps, your card is a real cutie, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So tweet, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card...love that photo, too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what an adorable card! Love the sweet bird AND also the sweet photo :-)
    Thanks for playing along at Creative With Stamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janis this is DARLING!! I love that you put the cowboy hat on the sweet bird, very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this image is so cuute Janis
    and you coloring the bird perfectly
    love that background too
    adorable
    Many thanks joining with us at Creative With Stamps this month.
    Big hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card - my first thought was: "oh a little indiana jones bird".... love it :)
    Thanks for sharing your card at "Creative with Stamps",
    Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  15. So tweet! Beautiful background!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis