Thursday, December 7, 2017

Blue Roses - Winnie & Walter


Hi, Friends......

I am here with another watercolor card that I made for the Winnie & Walter November Color Combo Challenge. Look at this wonderful inspiration palette that Heather gave us to work from:



I love blue roses and had not yet used my W&W - Mini Scenery: Bed of Roses stamp. I knew it would be perfect for this challenge.

I heat embossed using
Stampendous - Clear Embossing Powder in Clear Bark and watercolored my roses with Distress Markers and a waterbrush. I kept this very simple and unadorned to let those roses take the spotlight. CAS is not my usual style, so this is about as clean and simple as I ever get! lol...



Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Mini Scenery: Bed of Roses stamp
Winnie & Walter - Kindness with Evelin T Designs stamp set
Distress Markers in Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, and Hickory Smoke
Versamark Ink

Stampendous - Clear Embossing Powder in Clear Bark
Mixed media paper
Core'dinations cardstock

Hope you enjoyed my card. It's been fun playing with simpler cards and some watercoloring techniques. I am a little afraid, however, that if I ignore my scrap bags very long, they will secretly multiply. When I go back to my usual layered cards there might be twice as many scraps as there were before!!  Eeek!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

<3
Janis



Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter November Color Combo Challenge
2. All Sorts Week 444 - Thank You
3. Word Art Wednesday #312-313 - Anything Goes
4. DL.ART December Linky Party - Anything Goes
5. Craft Stamper December TIMI - Anythng Goes Stamping Challenge
6. Penny Black at All Sorts December Challenge - CAS

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I love the subtle colours on the roses. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. its very nice snow house for cat!
    so pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, loving the color combo. The kitty fort is so cute! We made one a few years ago and kitty went right in it too :-)
    Thanks so much for sharing this week with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More and Allsorts and sharing your lovely creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! Love the soft blue/grey tones! Thanks for entering the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge :)
    xo Cheetarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute car picture and great roses card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Janis, this is just exquisite! I would never have thought to color the roses in shades of blue with the deep brown embossing powder. The result is a magical, wintery rose garden that feels peaceful and so elegant. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blue watercolour roses, a gorgeous CAS card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful CAS, love the embossed roses. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely elegant card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More CAS challenge and good luck, hope you join in with our new challenge starting sunday x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis