I am squeaking in under the wire with a snippets card for Di's Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge. I have been so busy with summer activities and working in my garden that my cardmaking has taken a back seat.
Recently, though, I had a brainstorm about what to do with my big pile of odd-shaped white/off-white cardstock scraps. I had an ancient kids' ink pad which was coming apart but still had plenty of ink in it. I couldn't just waste it, right??? So I misted and smooshed it on my craft mat and dyed a bunch of the scraps to use for die-cutting.
PROBLEM: I know that all cardmakers will understand when I say that no matter how many scraps I dyed and die-cut, my scrap pile never got smaller!!! What's more, I ALSO ended up with a huge pile of dyed scraps, and multidinous little piles of lovely die cuts....PLUS a wastebasket full of tiny scraps. WHERE did these all come from???? Why is it that you absolutely can NOT use up scraps???? They merely multiply....more and more. It totally defies all known laws of physics!! Arrrrgh!!! What insane explanation can there be besides spontaneous generation???? So much for the law of conservation of mass!
I had an order for an anniversary card so I made this one with a few of the scraps:
Products used include:
Winnie & Walter - Sentimental: Gift stamp set
Versafine ink in Onyx Black
Sizzix - Thinlits TH Wildflowers #1 die set
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Verve - Sprightly Sprigs die set (discontinued)
Various white cardstock, mixed media paper, and watercolor paper scraps
Kids ink pad (should just have been thrown away, but nooooo!!!)
Hope you enjoyed my card with its soft watery look. I love how it turned out....even though I ended up with more scraps than I started with! lol...
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you are having a lovely summer....or winter for my upside-down season friends in NZ and Aussie-land! :)
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #330 - Use Snippets
2. Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday July Challenge - Summertime
3. Southern Girls Challenge - Tic Tac Toe (I used diagonal - Ink, Stamp, White)
4. Word-Art Wednesday Weeks 344-345 - Anything Goes
5. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #56
6. DL.ART Thankful Thursday #232 - Anniversary
7. Tuesday Throwdown #401 - Stitching-real or faux
8. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use a die or punch
9. The House that Stamps Built DCC74 - The Great Outdoors
10. DL.ART July Linky Challenge - AG