Monday, June 23, 2014

YOU Did Awesome! - CAS Card

"The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to admitting it."
                                                               -------Doug Larson

Hi, Friends...........

I am here with another challenge card for the MFP Simple Salutations Challenge with a graduation theme.  I had this CAS design in mind and am pleased with how it turned out.



I used a leftover K&Co. graduation sticker for the cap, trimming it as close to the design as possible and inking with a black sharpie around the edges.

The stamp was a clearance rack item at JoAnn's some time back.  I colored the y-o-u with a Spectrum Noir marker.  I free-hand (eek!) traced the path of the tossed cap with a black Sakura Glaze pen.  I mounted the card front onto a black card.  EASY!  

Wow....CAS cards are sure a lot faster than my usual layered numbers!!!  I could get used to that!!  Ha. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog to have a look see.  I appreciate your comments and also each of my followers!!!     

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:                         
1.   MFP Speedy TV Simple Salutations Challenge #102 
2.   CAS-ology Challenge Week 100 - Celebrate 
3.   Chocolate, Coffee, and Cards Challenge #67 - Black, White + 1 other Color 
4.   Crafty Sentiments - CAS or Full-On  Still forgot to add #3 onto my entry for being a follower.
5.   Stamping with the Dragon June Challenge - CAS 

24 comments:

  1. What a great CAS design, Janis! I love the movement you created with the hand drawn flight path! I'm so glad you played along with us this week for our CELEBRATE challenge over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melissa. I was so nervous abt trying that hand-drawn path!!! Your visit and kind words mean a lot to me!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Great graduation card! Thanks for sharing with us at MFP Simple Salutations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie!! I appreciate you dropping in!!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Beautiful C&S card! thanks for playing with "Crafty Sentiments" this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valou! CAS isn't my usual genre, but I was delighted with how this turned out.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Fun card. Thanks for joining at MFP Simple Salutations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph,
      Thank you for your visit and your comment. I love how the MFP challenges give me a place where I can try out new things.....like a CAS card! :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. I love this, Janis! That flying hat is brilliant! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much, Jen!! I appreciate your encouraging comment. You made my day!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. Fabulous CAS interpretation. Just love it!!

    Thanks for taking part in the Stamping Dragon challenge with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela!! I am excited to be part of the Stamping Dragon challenge. The site was a new one to me.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. Perfect CAS graduation card!!! Love your hand-drwan trail! SO FUN!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! That trail was scary for me even to contemplate, so your words make me feel really good! Thanks for dropping by!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. Janis, I love that you paired a sticker and stamp to make this awesome graduation card! I am in need of some of these, I may need to try this out! A great CAS layout! Thanks for joining us as we celebrate at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy!!! I was very glad to be able to use that leftover sticker for my card. (Now what about the others left in that pkg???!! Ha!)
      Thanks so much for your encouraging comment!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  9. Fast or not, Janis, you have the eye for a great CAS layout! Wonderful card. Love the sticker and the sentiment. Thanks for playing with Crafty Sentiment's CAS or Full-On challenge. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cathy! Your kind comment means a lot to me!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  10. A perfect CAS card so different too. Jacqui DT Stamping Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacqui!! I really appreciate you dropping by!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  11. Great CAS card. Love the flying cap. Thank you for joining us at MFP Simple Salutations' Graduation challenge.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily. I had an awful lot of fun doing that cap!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  12. Always looking for I like this one very much.......Lis
    I believe the MFP Color Challenge is now up......I hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lis. Your kind comments mean a lot to me!!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis