Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Birthday Card #4 - Iridescent Rainbow
"A kitten is chiefly remarkable for rushing about like mad at nothing whatever, and generally stopping before it gets there."
I am racing around here completely fueled by egg-shaped fruity gumdrops that come in pesky "hard-to-hide-the-empties" cellophane wrappers!! I have card #4 in my Birthday Card Marathon for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday and I am in a hurry to get all five of my cards posted before their linkup closes. Their Wednesday Challenge is 6 years old and they are giving away 6 prizes this week, so I want to get these posted!! :)
This might be the prettiest one of my cards in this group, although I always wish I could photograph better! Does this look iridescent to you??? It sure does in real life!
I daubed distress inks directly onto my Darice Birthday with Dots folder in rainbow stripes and then misted it with water before inserting the cardstock. The colors turned out so soft and pretty!!! Then when I used my Perfect Pearls shimmer mist, the whole piece took on a glow of its own. I LOVE this!!!
I tied a big bow with some sheer iridescent ribbon to put on top. Almost looks like a birthday present, doesn't it?
I daubed a bit more distress ink around to show the raised portions of the embossing. Here's an angled shot so you can see some more of the shimmer. (swoon....)
Okay....four cards posted and I am racing on to the next. See you soon!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday
2. Scrappin' Great Deals Mood Board Challenge - I was inspired by the blue table surrounded by white in the lower right.
3. Design Memory Craft April 2015 Challenge - Creativity - Creativity to me is experimenting around with products in new ways and finding an effect that I love!!!
4. The Paper Girls Challenge #77 - Pastels
5. Connie Can Crop Monthly Challenge #33 - Over the Rainbow
6. Power Poppy - Pop of Pastels Challenge