I am here with the first of a series of three gate-fold cards I made for the current Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge. They included a very nice tutorial on making gate-fold cards to follow for this challenge. Making some extra anniversary cards to have on hand is on my January list, so I decided to do one of them first.
I chose cream and yellow pieces from my scrap bags and stamped a lovely dogwood branch image from my Mark's Finest Papers - Works of Art stamp set with Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold powder. I did the same thing with an old Inkadinkadoo Happy Anniversary stamp. This stamp has flowers on it, too, but I only inked the words.
I inked the edges of a couple layers and rolled them slightly for a vintage look on the "gate" part of the card and used some subtly patterned paper with a delicate print for the side panels. I finished the outside with a bit of lace tied in a bow.
For the inside, I used the sentiment from my Mark's Finest Papers - Lily of the Valley stamp set. It is actually a wedding set, but I think the words work well for an anniversary, also. I stamped them with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and used Vintage Photo for some scattered hearts. Repositionable Zots hold the front panel closed but still let it be easily opened.
I have two other gate-fold cards to post, so I'll see you soon!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge - Gate Fold Card tutorial challenge
2. One Crazy Stamper January Challenge - Anything Goes
3. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #218 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
4. Double Click Connections Challenge #40 - Anything Goes
5. Mod Squad Challenge - Love is in the air
6. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 212 - Use Snippets