Saturday, January 16, 2016

Cat with Sneakers - Thank You!


One of my all-time fave Kliban Cat images.  :)

Hi, Friends.......

I am here with a really fun card for Ike's SUYP Cats Only Challenge this month with the theme of "Furrything Goes".  :)  If you haven't visited her SUYP blog, you are in for a treat.  Ike not only has fabulous cards, but challenge posts that make you smile as well as give you a place to sharpen your claws....skills!  

One fabulous part of the SUYP Cats Only Challenge Blog is Ike's wonderful FUR-EEEBIE, featured monthly.  She generously shares a kitty digi she designed each month.  This month I absolutely loved the crazy dancing cat she was offering, but wished so much the kitty had sneakers on because of a particular card I wanted to make.  No sooner said....than done!  Next thing I knew...I had a notification that the same kitty was now ready with sneakers.  THANK YOU, IKE!!!



Isn't that digi by Ike just so wacky and wonderful????  I LOVE IT!!  

The reason I wanted a kitty with sneakers is because a friend recently passed some tennis shoes to me that weren't right for her.  They were used, but still in fantastic shape for me!  I was so delighted that I wanted to make her a special thank you card.  

I wanted the colors of the shoes to really stand out, so I printed the digi onto kraft and used Sakura Gelly Roll Moonlight Gel Pens for them. I used subdued, but shimmery, colors of gel pens for the rest of the kitty, except the facial features and toe pads. I wrote in "Image by IKESART.com" as a special acknowledgement of Ike's wonderful gift of this wonderful image.

Other supplies used: Distress Ink - Walnut Stain, card base made from DCWV paper, Sizzix - Circles, Scallop die cut, ribbon and sentiment stamp from my stash.

Hope you enjoyed my card today.  I don't know if I have ever posted a card that I colored with gel pens before.....but I need to do this more often before the zillion-piece set of them that I got for Christmas last year...2014!....dries up!!  Eeek!  (For the record, I have never had my Sakura ones dry up, but I am not sure how long this big set of Brand X pens will last!)

Cat lovers, be sure to check out the SUYP Cats Only Challenge for tons of furry fun!!! See you there!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. SUYP Cats Only Challenge
2. DL.Art Thankful Thursday #172 - Penguins or Black, White, Yellow / alt Thank You
3. Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #39 - You Crack Me Up :)
4. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #217 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
5. DL.ART January Linky Challenge - Anything Goes

6. Ike's World Challenge #54 - New Beginnings (Do new-to-me sneakers count?)

16 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so coooool !!! He looks awesome coloured in gel pens and I would never have even thought of printing onto kraft paper :-D Amazing. I hope your friend really enjoys this card :-)
    Thank you for using him and for giving me this wonderful 'shout' and for coming to purr along at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card so funky .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike's World challenge

    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant image that made me smile a lot!

    Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Janis! I really like all the touches of hot pink you've got going on here with this funny kitty. Super duper card. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  5. This image is so cute and your card is adorable.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JANUARY Linky Challenge and the #172 challenge . Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that cat means business Love it..........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun and perfect thank you for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card, the tiger cat …..so cute.Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

    Hugs, Lori m
    littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
    DL.ART DT Member


    ReplyDelete
  9. Ike is just brilliant isn't she? Such a talented artist & all round lovely person.

    Love your cat dancing in sneakers card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ike is just brilliant isn't she? Such a talented artist & all round lovely person.

    Love your cat dancing in sneakers card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute....what a fun card, love your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bravo - great mood! Love your cat too!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab Cheshire Cat - especially with sneakers!!
    Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Susan
    DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card. I love the sneakers. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #172 Challenge. Katie-DT.MEMBER

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your spin on the New Beginnings theme at Ike's World Challenge blog. Your cat is fabulous! Love those sneakers!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis