Thursday, January 14, 2016
Old and Cracked - Happy Birthday
I got super-inspired today with the current Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends technique challenge - Acrylic Block Stamping. Over at MFP they have a week-long technique challenge each month on the second Saturday with a tutorial they provide. I love playing around with techniques, so these are a lot of fun for me. :) I ended up making 4 (count 'em...FOUR!) backgrounds, and have made 3 cards for the challenge so far. Not sure if I'll get the last one made in time to enter or not, but I have it....just in case. :)
This technique is very simple......but, as I was delighted to find out, there are all sorts of fun things you can do with it! :) In its most basic form, you simply ink up an acrylic block (I used Distress Ink) and use that as a stamp for a background. Easy peasy.
For my card, I used a 7/8" x 2-1/2" rectangular acrylic block with Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters. I stamped them in a vertical column on the left side of my white cardstock.
I stamped a wonderful vintage truck image from my Mark's Finest Papers - Big Boy Toys stamp set with Versafine ink in Olympia Green and heat embossed it with clear powder. I die cut the image with my brand new My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set. (THANKS for the huge prize, MFT!!!)
I also used my Mark's Finest Papers - Background Fun stamp set for the fun sentiment and crackle background stamping over the paler blue panel, which I scrounged from my scrap bag along with the royal blue paper.
Making some extra masculine birthday cards is on my list for January, so I am glad to get a good start with this one. Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to comment! I have two more cards (at least) to post for this acrylic block challenge......so, see you sooooooooooooooon!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends technique challenge - Acrylic Block Stamping
2. The Male Room Challenge #26 - Anything Goes
3. Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #50 - O is for Old
4. Craft Stamper TIMI January Challenge - Take a Stamp
5. House of Cards January Challenge - Embossing or Color Challenge
6. Shopping Our Stash Challenge #234 - Something New
7. Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #39 - You Crack Me Up :)
8. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #211 - Use snippets
9. One Crazy Stamper January Challenge - Anything Goes