Friday, April 1, 2016

Biggest Boo-Boo ---- Birthday Party for Jesus!






http://www.djkardkreations.com/
Hi, Friends.....

I am here with my entry in Darnell's Big Fat Card Boo Boo Flop Hop.  I am making this a scheduled post because I am going out of town. I will have to make the links work and actually link this up sometime on April 1 while I am gone.  (Sounds like a trip to McDonalds with a hot fudge sundae and my computer!)  So please excuse the non-links if you see this before I get it all linked up on Apr. 1!  

My Big Fat Card Boo Boo is actually a story...and I hope it doesn't offend anyone.  Please take it in the spirit in which it was intended....which is to give us all a chuckle.  

Several years ago at church, our pastor's wife suggested we have a Birthday Party for Jesus at Christmas time for the children in the community.  It sounded like fun and I had all sorts of balloons and crepe paper for streamers to make the basement of the church look festive.  We went all out!


I brought confetti and things to strew around on the tables.  We wanted it to look like a real birthday party so the kids could relate to Jesus, Our Lord and Savior, being born as a baby and having birthdays....just like they do!



We put hearts and chocolates and other candies on the tables along with curlicues of ribbons.  It was so fun and so pretty and the kids totally LOVED it.


The children listened attentively to the Bible story of the Nativity and why Jesus came to earth to be our Savior.  Then they played party games and ate cupcakes. 

They were crazy over the confetti and were scooping it up by the handfuls at the end to take home with them.....to play with and to show their parents.

It was at that moment, as the parents were gathering up their children and leaving the building, that I noticed something horribly wrong.....and I mean HORRIBLY WRONG!!! 

In my haste to gather all the desired party supplies out of my stash, I had grabbed the wrong confetti.  Instead of my confetti that said "Happy Birthday"............

This is what I had picked up!



Yes.....Janis accidentally threw a Retirement Party for Jesus!!!!  Arrrrghh....double, triple, quadruple arrrrghhh!  I could totally have died of embarrassment.....if I hadn't been howling with laughter at my own blunder!!!!

I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed it while I was putting it out on the tables OR that the other adults hadn't noticed!!!  (Thankfully, I never did hear anything back from any of the parents, either! lol...)  Oh, my goodness......I laughed harder that day than I think I ever had in my life.  What a hoot!  I think even Jesus probably had a good chuckle over it himself up in heaven....as he waited for me to discover what I had done!  :)  :)  :)  I'm so glad He is our Risen Lord and is still working....and NOT retired!

In case you are wondering....I now keep the "Happy Retirement" confetti taped closed (instead of in a zippy bag) and clearly labeled!!!

Happy April Fool's Day from the biggest fool of them all!!!!  Me!!

<3
Janis

Thank you, Darnell, for the fun idea of this April Fool's Day Big Fat Card Boo Boo Flop Hop!  I am honored and delighted to be able to enter my story in your Hop.

35 comments:

  1. Oh, that did make me laugh Janis (sorry), but I bet Jesus was looking down thinking, 'I wish!'. Thanks for making me giggle! It's a good job we can laugh at ourselves eh? Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! Sounds exactly like something that I would do!! Funny how no one else noticed either. Enjoy your day. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny one Janis! I do believe or Lord has a sense of humor too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny one Janis! I do believe or Lord has a sense of humor too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! This is such a cute, and funny story...and I can think of so many worse boo-boos you could have made with the confetti! Isn't this just a reminder that it's the thought that counts? Hey, maybe some of that retirement confetti found a second life at a real retirement celebration...and someone's parents were thanking their crafty stars for your boo boo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hilarious! I am sure Jesus was happy with the party and no doubt having a most enjoyable time. I think the kids did as well. I know in our Sunday School they did a birthday party for Jesus as well. One of the teachers would bake a big cake and do the balloon thing too. The kids loved it. And, it was a good way to introduce the story of his birth too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that is such a funny story! As luck usually has it, I find it surprising that someone else didn't notice it before you did! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, LOL! I guess everyone needs to take some time off right? No exception for Jesus (just kidding), thanks for the fun and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TFS. A lesson there for all of us :) Made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking that everyone was having such a good time they didn't even notice. It must have looked festive though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet those Mom's are still talking about that fun 'retirement' party!!! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, that's too cute! No harm done Janis. Funny things happen at church just like anywhere else. When you said something went horribly wrong, I thought you were going to say your slip was caught in the waistband of your pantyhose. Now THAT would have been embarrassing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story, Janis! I'm certain (no, I'm positive!) Jesus has a wonderful sense of humor. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Janis, you sure got lots of loud laughing from my friend and I.... anyway have a lovely weekend cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great story, had me laughing and choking on my coffee!
    Yes, I bet Jesus had a laugh over it too.
    Thanks for visiting my Boo Boo and for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should be a writer as well as a card artist, Janis! I hung on every word, totally had the visual, and then laughed my butt off!! SO something else I would do! This hop has been great as I see so many of us "sisters with booboos!" Honestly, I think the best part is that none of the other ladies (men wouldn't have noticed!) didn't come up and ask you about it out of curiosity! With my mouth, I would have yelled across the room, "Hey, Janis, are we supposed to use this table? It's got Happy Retirement confetti all over it!" Oh, fun, I'll be chuckling over this one for a very long time!!

    Sorry I didn't get to you yesterday. Half-way through the day I got the Blue Screen of Death from Microsoft and it took all day to scrub the computer clean and it wasn't cheap either! I kept hoping it was all an April Fool's joke, but alas, it wasn't. Thank you for being such a good sport and playing in my first BFCBB Hop, especially when you weren't even home and had to mess with finding a way to link up! Mwah!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh, that was such a funny story! I love that you guys had a party like that, very good idea for the little ones. How easy it is to grab the wrong thing! I do it all the time anymore. Or when baking I swear I don't know how I will miss an ingredient, but it happens from time to time. The mind is busy and it happens. Loved the story and thank you for sharing it with us. I think we all can relate, even Jesus! lol He probably wishes he could retire. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. funniest one of all!!!

    and it didn't get "fixed" before the event. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Janis, i'started reading your story, coffee in hand, and...well, good thing I didn't take a sip because it would have been all over the screen as I burst into laughter! Hilarious! I think the Lord's sense of humour certainly appreciated your innocent boo-boo! What a fun, fabulous post!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great story and well done on receiving Darnell's prize too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my. Now that really is a boo boo and it made me laugh out loud...and my DH as well... Enjoy your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a bit behind on he blog hop, but I had to come and read your story. You tell it so well and I was laughing so hard, my husband who was doing the dishes while I was cackling away, asked me what was so funny, and I had to read it to him. Well done on your prize! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness how embarrassing but sounds like no one noticed. Thank you so much for sharing this fun story with us really made me smile.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so funny! A well deserved win for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really did laugh when I read your story and how funny that nobody else noticed either. We done on your win at Darnell's. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Whoops! Now, that is a brilliant story, I can just imagine you as you realised! Hope things have improved since. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh the horror you must have experienced. It is a good thins the Lord gave us a sense of humor to laugh at ourselves. This incident is a stinkin' gut buster.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hilarious, a whole party that turned out to be a boo-boo!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  29. We could totally be friends! I love this story and your sense of humor! Congrats on your boo boo win~talk about God's grace that blesses, even in our weak moments :).

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes, this also sounds like something that I could do! And have done many similar things like this. Really cute share! Thank you for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for giving me such a good laugh today!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis