I am still catching up from Easter and then traveling to the Portland, Oregon area to see my Dad. He's nearly 93 years old and his memory has failed him ["Your name is Janis?" he asked...."I have a daughter named Janis!" :) ] but he figured out who I was after a few minutes and we had a great visit. :)
Today, I am sharing a sweet little coloring book I made for the Mark's Finest Papers Wild Animal Hop/Tutorial Challenge. They included a wonderful little tutorial on making this with a clever spiral binding, but I didn't have the tiny hole punch they suggested so I made a 3-ring binding with chenille stems. I didn't have many wild animal images, either, so I made it a more general nature theme. :)
I used a variety of Mark's Finest Papers stamp sets. Here on the front cover, you see stamps from these sets: Mark's Finest Papers - Nature's Brushstrokes and Mark's Finest Papers - Silly Shells. I used Tsukineko Versafine Ink in Onyx Black for all my stamping.
I started out with seashell images from: Mark's Finest Papers - Sand Dollar Mini and Mark's Finest Papers - Silly Shells stamp sets.
I did this two-page spread with florals from these sets: Mark's Finest Papers - Works of Art and Mark's Finest Papers - Lily of the Valley.
The last section, including the back cover, is the land animal section using stamps from these sets: Mark's Finest Papers - Hoppy Easter, Mark's Finest Papers - Above the Rest, Mark's Finest Papers - Year of the Horse.
I will give this to my little 5 yr old granddaughter. I think she will enjoy it!! Thank you to Mark's Finest Papers for this fun tutorial challenge!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this little coloring book in the following challenges:
1. Mark's Finest Papers Wild Animal Hop/Tutorial Challenge - mini coloring book
2. Word Art Wednesday Weeks 224-225 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
3. One Crazy Stamper April Challenge - Anything Goes
4. Craftin Desert Divas April Linky Party - Black & White w/ a Splash of Color
5. DL.Art April Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
6. Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday Linky Party
7. Crop Stop Linky Party #14 - Anything Goes using product sold by CS (I used Tsukineko ink)