Sunday, July 17, 2016
Paws and Be Grateful - Tie Dye, Again....
I am back with an anniversary card that I made for a friend. Her hubby is in very poor health and we are all surprised and pleased that he made it to their anniversary this last week. I thought a card with a gratefulness theme was appropriate. I hope it will be encouraging to them.
My wild background was an extra I made inspired by the tie-dye technique challenge I entered with this card a few days ago. I used Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, and Chipped Sapphire. I absolutely love how this piece turned out but I didn't have time to make a card with it for that particular challenge. I think it is perfect for this card.
I stamped and die cut some kitties and a sentiment from the My Favorite Things - Cat-itude stamp set and My Favorite Die-namics - Cat-itude die set that I chose as part of a generous prize from My Favorite Things awhile back. (THANKS, MFT!!!) Since the background was so bright, I simply stamped the kitties with Versafine Ink in Onyx Black and left them uncolored. I layered them over an oval cut with my My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set and mounted everything on a purple card base. Love love love!!!
That's all for tonight. Thank you for stopping by. My blogging is intermittent of late, but I do very much appreciate your visits and your lovely comments!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. The Artistic Stamper July Creative Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful
2. Penny Black at All Sorts July Challenge - AG with a stamp
3. The Ribbon Girls July Challenge - Any Image
4. Moving Along with the Times Challenge #24 - No Designer Paper
5. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Flora and Fauna
6. Crop Stop Linky Party #18 - AG Using product CS carries (I used Distress Ink for my tie-dye background)
7. Time Out Challenges #61 - Inspired by Words
8. Let's Create Challenges #115 - Four Legged Friends
9. Animal Friends Challenge #40 - Animals + Punches/Dies