I am here with a CAS card for the MFP Stamp CAS challenge. We are supposed to make a fall-themed card and my card might seem more wintery...but the pink sky and the deer make me think of autumn. The tree doesn't have any leaves, so that means it is already fall....or, perhaps, "fell". :) (Hey, CAS cards are challenging enough for me without getting into semantics about whether this scene is late fall or winter! lol.... And, besides, the deciduous trees all look like this in Idaho in the late fall. That's my story and I am sticking to it!)
My image is from the Mark's Finest Papers - Crisp Winter stamp set. (I STILL maintain this is a late fall scene!!) It comes with a cathedral style frame, but I strategically inked just the deer and tree and left out the frame. (It might look too wintery, if I had put the frame in! Ha.) I used my Mini-MISTI so I could get this image inked thoroughly. It took two stampings to do it. I used VersaFine ink in Onyx Black and heat embossed it with clear powder.
My background is another from my watercolor marker refill extravaganza! :) That's where I "refilled" my watercolor markers in small jars of water and saved the leftover highly pigmented water for making watercolor backgrounds. (I know...I am insane!)
It was difficult for me not to do anything else to this card besides mount it on a black base. CAS really, really is not my natural style. But I like how this card turned out. Hope you do, too!!
Be sure to snag my 2016 Cat Lovers Hop badge for your blog. This year's hop is dedicated to my sweet Aliyah....the kitty that I just lost. Details about the hop will be coming.
Thanks for stopping by. Love your visits and your comments.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Stamps Challenge #32 - CAS with Fall Theme
2. Try it on Tuesday Challenge - Use Your Leftovers and Scraps (I used leftover marker refill water for making my background.)
3. Penny Black at All Sorts August Challenge - AG
4. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
5. Critters & Creatures Linky Party 6 - Feature a Critter or a Creature
6. The Sisterhood of Crafters - Close to Nature
7. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Let's Go Wild
8. Unicorn Challenge #12 - Animal Kingdom
9. Papercrafter's Corner Challenge Week #156 - Inspiration Piece (I used the pink background with black from the inspiration photo.)