Ugh.....have any of you been hit by the stomach viruses or late winter colds that have been going around? I got them both in succession! (At least it wasn't at the same time!!) So my card-making enthusiasm got put on hold for a week or so. But I am baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! (...albeit with boxes of Kleenexes within grabbing distance all over my house!!)
I am here with another card in vibrant colors that I made for the big Winnie & Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash celebration over on their blog!!! Not only do they have a GIGANTIC giveaway, but they have 10 different challenges that you can play along with.....including a chance at a big Guest Star slot, if you participate with at least 4 different cards starring their products!! (See their blog post for details on that.) Winnie & Walter challenges are among my favorites anywhere in the papercrafting blogosphere. I hope you will join me in wishing Shay and everyone at W&W a Happy 3rd Birthday and play along with the challenges!!!
For my card today, I used a background I had triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiied to make for a previous W&W Challenge last year with rainbows as the theme. I had the "bright" idea of attempting to mask and mist my Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Multi-Faceted Creative Screenings with a rainbow array of mists and inks. It did NOT turned out the way I had hoped and this garishly bright stenciled background went directly into my reject pile. (You can see why, right?!!! lol....) It had languished there for months and while I was sick this week I decided to embrace the arty imperfections of this piece and try to reclaim it for the W&W - Bright Colors Challenge. (I must have been delirious!!!!)
|Don't ask me why I can't seem to take a focused photo!!! Maybe that's how my eyeballs are seeing with this virus and my camera has caught the same bug!! Eeek! (You have heard of a camera bug before, haven't you????? lol....)|
There are some happy things about my card:
1. I don't have this untamed thing staring at my from my reject pile anymore.
2. I got to use some WONDERFUL W&W products: Winnie & Walter - Sketchy Thoughts stamp set, Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (which are all new to me!!), in addition to my Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Multi-Faceted Creative Screenings stencil and some sequins tossed in as a sweet surprise in my latest package from W&W!!
3. I got to participate in the Winnie & Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash celebration challenges.
4. Maybe I brought a smile to your face, too!! :)
Thank you so much for stopping by. I have another "reject pile reclamation project" to share with you in a little while, so stayed tuned!!! (Same batty blogger, same batty blog!!!)
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter - Stencil Challenge with Kelly
2. Winnie & Walter - Sequins Challenge with Kate
3. Winnie & Walter - Three Challenge with Shay (I used clusters of three sequins.)
4. Winnie & Walter - Bright Colours with Lydia
5. Mod Squad - Geometric
6. Allsorts Challenge - Anything Goes
7. Words 2 Craft By Challenge #38 - Celebrations
8. CARDZ TV - Anything Goes Designers Challenge #3
9. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
10. Simon Says Stamp Work-it-Wednesday Challenge - Use Something New (I used my new W&W products!)