I got on a roll this weekend and made SIX cards with my Graphic 45 - Precious Memories collection for several different challenges. WOW!!! (So proud of myself for using my G45!!! lol...)
1. Winnie & Walter May Color Combo Challenge with Heather H. (ends June 9) - I noticed that the colors in the G45 papers were very similar to the lovely ones in the palette that Heather chose this time. The papers even feature roses along with the babies and mommies....just like in the inspiration photo!
2. Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge #19: Parentville (ends May 31) - The W&W Rerun challenges are where a stamp set from the past is featured. Shay and her design team members make cards with this older set and she challenges us to make a card using it, also. If we don't have the set, we can use a different W&W product to make a card inspired by one from the design team. Fun!!! This month Shay is actually has two stamp sets to rerun:
|W&W Parentville Stamp Set|
|W&W Parentville Extras Stamp Set|
And....Shay even has a giveaway!!!
Comment on the Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge and Giveaway post to have a chance to win BOTH of these stamp sets!!
Wow!! Thank you, Shay!!!
3. Papercrafter's Corner Magazine Mondays Week #170 (ends May 14) - Here we are given a vintage magazine cover for an inspiration piece. I challenge myself to use something from my Graphic 45 collections for these challenges. I was inspired by the mother and child, the contrast of dark and bright colors, and also the diagonal shadow sweeping over the bright splash of salmon pink.
Here's my card......
I don't have either of the W&W Parentville/Extras sets, so I drew inspiration from the cards that Shay and the team made. I really like the idea of a bold panel going completely across the card, like Shay and Heather H. used on their cards in THIS POST. I used satin ribbon from my stash and put it on the diagonal. (Did you think I put it on an angle because I am so arty and creative? Well, actually, it was to hide a flaw in the ribbon!! But I LIKE it on the diagonal. I will have to remember to do this again sometime!! lol...)
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set (the perforated border)
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (the little hearts and butterfly)
Graphic 45 Precious Memories collection
Ribbon from my stash
Hope you enjoyed my card. I made five more from that same collection and I will be posting them over the next day or two.
In the meantime, I hope all you ladies out there are having a nice Mother's Day. I am a firm believer that a gal doesn't have to "technically" be a Mom to deserve recognition on this special day. Women everywhere play a crucial role in mentoring, nurturing, encouraging, and educating the young people in their communities. So hats off and my sincere thanks and appreciation to ALL WOMEN on Mother's Day!!! May you be blessed.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter May Color Combo Challenge with Heather H.
2. Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge #19: Parentville
3. Papercrafter's Corner Magazine Mondays Week #170
4. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Frame it Up
5. CardzTV "Card Crazy Crafters" Anything Goes Challenge #1
6. CardzTV "Mailbox Smiles" Anything Goes Challenge #1
7. DL.Art May Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
8. Unstampabelles #68 - Layering and Borders (no stamping)
9. Allsorts Week #415 - Ring a Ring o' Roses
10. Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #407 - Mother's Day