Friday, May 26, 2017

Teacher Thank You Cards with Graphic 45

That's about right.....lol.

Hi, Friends......

My little granddaughter just finished Kindergarten this week.....and my, oh my, is she glad and relieved to be out for the summer!! lol....
(I completely adore my little sweetheart, but she's a rather.....umm.....active child! I think she gave her teachers a run for their money this last year. She had two teachers because she was in a K-1 class, not because she managed to run one off!! At least I don't think that's why.....)

My daughter asked me if I would make some teacher thank you cards...one for each of the teachers and one for the bus driver.
(Instead of cards, these brave and self-less educators probably deserve something more like medals and perhaps feel like they are ready for something more like straitjackets! I recall hearing about her long-suffering bus driver reportedly looking in the mirror at the kids in his charge and seeing only Andrea's feet visible above the seat in front of her! That was when she was actually IN her seat!! Oh, my....)


I was glad to make some cards for the occasion and pulled out my Graphic 45 - An ABC Primer collection to do so. It has the most charming vintage school children images!! One thing I love about Graphic 45 papers is that they coordinate so well with each other. All you need to do is layer them up and they look fabulous. I even did the insides this time!

Here are my cards:


#1 - Card front for the main teacher

#1  Inside with Unity sentiment stamp.


#2 - Card front for other teacher



#2 - Inside card with another Unity stamp



#3 - Card Front for the heroic bus driver.  lol...

#3 - Inside of card with same Unity stamp as #2.
Aren't those Graphic 45 papers just so much fun??? I hope these fine people who are investing their lives into educating our young people know they are appreciated! I also hope they all rest up this summer.....First Grade might be wild!!! Ha!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering these cards in the following challenges:
1. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #205 - Boys and/or Men
(Each of these cards is a TY card. Card #3 goes to the bus driver, who is a man, and there are boys on card #1)
2.
Bizzy Becs May Challenge - Anything Goes
3. Not Just Cards Challenge #44 - One for the Boys (Card #3 is for the bus driver, who is a man.)

4. Cardz-TV Crazy Crafters Challenge #2 - Anything Goes


Some more teacher and school funnies for you............





















HAPPY SUMMER TO ALL TEACHERS!!  

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND DEDICATION.  <3 <3 <3

16 comments:

  1. Hee hee!! Gorgeous cards!! I am so glad you joined our challenge over at CARDZTV!
    DT-Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cartoon about Cat's Obedience School! Too funny!
    You teacher cards are AWESOME Janis, a wonderful job and I am sure your granddaughter is a well behaved little darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! Those cat and school memes gave me a good belly laugh! I have several friends who are teachers and I know how tough it can be to keep those young minds occupied and inspired. You are so sweet to make these gorgeous cards to thank you ones who care for and educate those active school kids, and I love that you even decorated the inside. Graphic 45 vintage designs are always a joy, and I really should stop hoarding and start using them. The teachers and bus driver are sure to appreciate the sentiments and artistic flair as they put their feet up and emit a big sigh of relief at the end of the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cards. The teachers deserve a good break. Hope your granddaughter burns off the excess energy during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards - they are really amazing :-)
    LUV that cat graduation meme LoL xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect papers for these wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beautiful vintage look you created...so sweet. You are just the best to make thank you cards, these are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful teacher Thank you card I love your design and the G45 paper is perfect.
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #205- “Boys and/or Men” or Thank you” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovin those cards and the papers, thanks for joining Cardz TV!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janis, Such a lovely lot of cards. I'm sure after receiving them your granddaughter is forgiven and now not forgotten. Teachers love to be appreciated. Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Bec's Challenge. Crafty Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post was so funny. I can picture your sweet granddaughter enjoying her summer. The teacher quotes made me laugh. Graphic 49 have such beautiful vintage papers and these are perfect for teachers and the bus driver. My daughter who is now 27 was very active she still can't sit still. She is an excellent competitve gymnastic coach. She makes a good living flipping all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge.

      Delete
  12. Lovely card and post
    '**
    Are you ready for photo inspiration challenge?
    See this:
    IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES #90
    http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.bg/2017/06/ikesworld-challenges-90-winner-89.html
    Blessings,
    Borqna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, love Graphic 45!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz TV!

    Elaine
    Cardz Tv DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you again for making those cards, Mom. They turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis