Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Here for You - Winnie & Walter Color Combo


Hi, Friends.....

Whew!!! In the midst of this wild and crazy, sometimes nerve-wracking, adventure that is life in the Woolbright home, I finally am back with another card I made for the Winnie & Walter Color Combo Challenge for July. Take a look at the fabulous inspiration photo and color palette that Heather H. chose for this month....YUM!!!:



This is a bonus card. Unbeknownst to me, all the time I took to die-cut foliage from a shimmery green scrap for THIS CARD, I actually was making a lovely panel that could be used on an entirely different card. Yay!! I replaced a few of the negative scraps inside the holes and absolutely love the serene look for a sympathy/thinking of you card for a dear widow who had a delayed memorial service for her husband, who had passed away this winter. (Nobody wants out-of-towners to have to travel to the mountains of N.Central Idaho in the snow!)
I am having MAJOR problems with my camera....so I apologize for the graininess of my photo.  Please bear with me.
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - In Bloom: Maggie's Roses Cutaways die set (leaves)
Winnie & Walter - Big Hugs with Evelin T Designs stamp set
Versafine Ink - Onyx Black
Clear Embossing Powder
Darice - Interlocking Circles
Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers
Scraps from my stash

Hope you enjoyed seeing my bonus card! I have several more Winnie & Walter cards to post, so I will see you soon!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter Color Combo Challenge for July
2. DL.Art July Linky Party
3. CARDZ-TV Mailbox Smiles Anything Goes Challenge #6
4. Word Art Wednesday Weeks 292-293 - AG Family Friendly
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
6. CARDZ-TV Card Crazy Crafters Anything Goes Challenge #6
7. HeARTful Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes
8. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 291-292 - Use Snippets
9. CropStop July Linky Party #30 - Use brand(s) that CS carries  (I used Darice embossing folder and Distress Ink)

8 comments:

  1. How cool to put some of the pieces back in the negative space! I'm sure she appreciated the work you put into this sweet little piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Janis - love how you used the negative die cuts and then popped a few back in.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to use your negative space from die cutting! Thanks for linking your lovely card to the Cropstop challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I hadn't realized you had all those W&W dies! I knew you had the scalloped edge frame, but didn't remember those leaves. What a lovely card to remember a lost loved one, and a creative use of those positive and negative die pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leaves and these soothing colors are perfect for a sympathy card, Janis - that's the direction I generally go to, also. Thank you for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janis,
    what a very brillant snippets make.
    Super designing also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis