Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Butterfly Gift Box


Hi, Friends......

I am here with an upcycled gift box that I made for Mrs. A's  Butterfly Challenge.  I used only the butterfly + W is for Wheat (color) in this project.



My project started out as an interesting hexagon-shaped Turkish Delight box.......



....and ended up as a pretty gift box:



Someone needs to make a crafting cartoon similar to the X-Box one above that says.......
Son: Oh, yay!!....Turkish Delight!!
Janis: Oh, yay!!!....Turkish Delight BOX!!
Now do you see why I chose that cartoon for this post?!! :D

This box was easy to cover because it has a separate top and bottom...and also because the "flaps" unfold easily from the interior.  Here's the lid all unfolded:


I chose some coordinating K&Co. butterfly prints and glued them onto the unfolded top and base.  I trimmed with a craft knife, scored the folds for a crisp look, and then reconstructed the box.  It was quite easy!  

Inside the base of the box.

The box base turned over.
The flaps of this particular box all interlock so no glue is necessary.  But I glued it, anyway, for extra security.






Here's a zoomed in shot of the tag I made for the box.  The tag base is made of cork and the bow is twine.  I like the organic texture of this combination with the nature motifs I used.  The Versafine ink stamped on the cork perfectly.








Finished project.........


Products used include:
Empty candy box
K&Co. patterned paper
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Sentimental: Gift stamp set
Versafine ink in Onyx Black
Verve - Sprightly Sprigs die set (discontinued)
Prima flowers
Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and Tea Dye
Want 2 Scrap - Adhesive Pearls
Quick Quotes - Antique Brads
Twine from my stash

Hope you liked my butterfly gift box. I had a lot of fun making it! Have a great rest of the week and thank you for stopping in today.

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #103 - I used the Butterfly + W is for Wheat option
(more coming....)


6 comments:

  1. What a transformation!! Your box is gorgeous right down to the cork gift tag. Thankyou for coming and spinning the wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box - love the result of your upcycling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you decorated this box and the cute cartoon to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh...this is so creative and beautiful. I love how you upcycled this box and I agree that it was too unique to just toss. I have a whole bankers filing box filled with "interesting" packaging that I planned to upcycle and now maybe I'll actually do it after seeing your success. That cork tag is such a great addition of texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out fabulous!! I have a box full of those kind of boxes waiting on me to get around to re-covering them. Hope they turn out as nice as this when I finally get around to them!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis