Monday, March 5, 2018

Hello, Chickadee!



Hi, Friends......

Do you ever look at a theme of a challenge and just get really excited because you have the perfect images for it????? Well, that's what I did for the Mod Squad Challenge this last week....closing in just a few hours!! The theme was "Bunnies and Chickadees".

Chickadees? Are you kidding me? I LOVE these cheery little acrobats that are all over my bird feeders during the late winter snows we have been having. I immediately pulled several chickadee items out to play with. I have been fighting a nasty cold so they lay on my craft desk for days while I moped around in my pj's, sipping hot tea and taking cough medicine and vitamins.

When I revisited the Mod Squad challenge blog yesterday..... I was chagrined to realize I had made a serious mistake. I browsed the gallery of beautiful and creative entries that had already been submitted.....there were lots of bunnies, but no chickadees. Only CHICKS!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???? I guess when you hit 60 you no longer realize that when a challenge says bunnies and chickadees....they really mean bunnies and chicks. (sigh)

But you know what.............I went ahead and made a CHICKADEE card. And if they don't like it, they can just delete it. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Ha.

THIS is a chickadee!!!  :)


Several years ago, Karen Ladd sent me some beautiful decoupage papers that included this wonderful chickadee image. (Thanks, Karen!!) I had been hoarding these papers because I love birds so much. That does NOT make any sense at all, but I know my fellow cardmakers will understand the twisted logic!! :) 

I fussy cut the chickadee (EEEK!....even around those spindly little legs!!!) and added it to a DCWV cut-apart journaling card which had a flowering branch on it. The branch from the decoupage sheet fit almost exactly over the branch of the journaling card and the colors of the bird and flowers couldn't match better. I think the little bird looks right at home there, don't you? 


Supplies used include:
Technique Tuesday - Two Steppin' stamp set
Versafine Ink in Onyx Black
DCWV scraps and an ancient border from my stash
Core'dinations Cardstock card base

Hope you like my sweet and springy chickadee card!

Before I go I would like to show you a couple of wonderful cards that I received for my BD.



From Darnell  <3





This gorgeous one is from Darnell. I love the beautiful shimmery sunrise and white embossing against the kraft!!!






This amazing card is from a dear lady at my church. Her daughter and granddaughters are both cardmakers (but not bloggers) and I am
From Donna <3
guessing one of them made it. I missed church because of my cold so I haven't had a chance to ask her about it. You here in blogland might not realize that I play the piano and even compose a song or two now and then. So this lovely piano card is absolutely perfect for me.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!!! I appreciate your comments so much. If you participated in my ATC Birthday Party, be sure to check out THIS POST to see if you are one of the lucky winners!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering my chickadee card in the following challenges:
1. Mod Squad Challenge - Bunnies and Chickadees
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
3. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #36
4. House that Stamps Built - F2818 Anything Goes
5. DL.ART March Linky
6. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper March Linky

9 comments:

  1. Feel better soon. Obviously all the birthday partying has caught up with you ROFL. That chickadee, we call them Blue Tits. Have you finished laughing??? They are hoping around in my garden at the moment having a lovely time. OK, maybe not so lovely cos it's a bit cold here but I am chucking out plenty snacks for them and all the other birdiie friends. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love chickadees too! There's a park that we visited a couple years ago where the chickadees are so tame that they eat out of your hand! It was so neat! Your card is gorgeous! I like the cards you received too! Piano? There is so much we are learning about you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cat meme is so true!
    I also made few times similar mistake with challenges. 😃
    Your card is so nice!
    And great cards you got.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am here to tell you that I went and re-read the Mod Squad challenge theme again after you told me about using chickadees, because I had thought it was for chicks and bunnies. However, I saw that the actual title of the challenge IS Craft Along with the Bunnies and Chickadees so you are correct! Now, all those crafters who used chickies can go feel silly instead of you! Or you can all feel happy that you entered the challenge, whatever bird you used. As for your card, this is just beautiful and the DCWV journaling background is absolutely perfect with the image. The fresh green colors make me look forward to spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful spring card! Love the way you showcased your chickadee! Thanks for sharing this with us over at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chickadee should definitely count.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all in the wording. Chickadee sit is and your little bird is perfect. Gosh you must have been cutting him out with baited breath. One false snip and he would have been legless.! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the colors; they work perfectly with the image. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janis,
    Wanted to let u know that Diana of DLART posted u as winner of Jan Linky.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis